Pink Floyd Reunite Confirmed @ Live 8 (London)

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Pink Floyd Reunite Confirmed @ Live 8 (London)

Post by Intrakit »

I posted this on DOA, and I figured some might be interested here too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 085484.stm
oriJAHnalsound1
newskool
newskool

Post by oriJAHnalsound1 »

I read this but I just cant get excited about a band as outdated as Floyd . Great they may have been but it isnt Zeppelin going on tour , you know ?Both Plant and Page continue to do new things and make impressive albums but Floyd....I dunno , maybe if they had got Syd to show , then youd be on to something .

- Matt
"If a free society will not help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." - John F. Kennedy
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

oriJAHnalsound1 wrote:I read this but I just cant get excited about a band as outdated as Floyd . Great they may have been but it isnt Zeppelin going on tour , you know ?Both Plant and Page continue to do new things and make impressive albums but Floyd....I dunno , maybe if they had got Syd to show , then youd be on to something .

- Matt
Really man? It's been over two decades since they've played together. I think this will be brilliant.
poserBrian

Post by poserBrian »

Intrakit wrote:Really man? It's been over two decades since they've played together. I think this will be brilliant.
i wholeheartedly agree. it would be great if a tour came out of this!
oriJAHnalsound1
newskool
newskool

Post by oriJAHnalsound1 »

like I said , if they got Syd Barret to show , you know do " See Emily Play " or whatever id be down . But I just cant get excited about hearing " Dark side of the moon " for the umpteenth time . Trust me , Like floyd as my collection of Floyd bootleg lp's etc...can attest , but a concert......I didnt like Jurassic Park for a reason .

But hey , to each his own .

- Matt

ps- you going ?
"If a free society will not help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." - John F. Kennedy
manus
Stanton
Stanton

Post by manus »

Glad to hear this is happening. :D
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

oriJAHnalsound1 wrote:ps- you going ?
No, they're only scheduled to play 4 songs for this reunion. I'm going to hold out & hope they do a world tour.
Dawn
Gemini
Gemini

Post by Dawn »

that would be awesome...I'd go with you to see them B. Alas, my all time favorite band will NEVER do a reunion because the drummer is dead.
poserBrian

Post by poserBrian »

Intrakit wrote:No, they're only scheduled to play 4 songs for this reunion. I'm going to hold out & hope they do a world tour.
looking forward to that bootleg!
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

poserBrian wrote:
Intrakit wrote:No, they're only scheduled to play 4 songs for this reunion. I'm going to hold out & hope they do a world tour.
looking forward to that bootleg!
agreed. 8)
undergroundsound
newskool
newskool

Post by undergroundsound »

oriJAHnalsound1 wrote:I read this but I just cant get excited about a band as outdated as Floyd . ....I dunno , maybe if they had got Syd to show , then youd be on to something .

- Matt
Definitely hear where you're coming from but I'm still looking forward to hearing them play live again.

As far as outdated though....I actually find some of their Waters era stuff to be more applicable now than ever....<cough>the wall<cough>

I wonder how many are even familiar with their earlier stuff that you reference.....it's been awhile since i've listened to some of the earliest stuff...maybe even a year....and they're one of my all time favorite bands in a broad sense. On a sad note of irony though.... just last night I listened to Division Bell for the first time in ages and I had "high hopes" stuck in my fuckin head all day....and that song is quite drearily representative of Gilmour's floyd to me..... kind of having the the potential but never quite making it halfway over the bridge to be what i think of as floyd. I think I'd rather have "James Brown is Dead" stuck in my head.

It'll be nice to hear them perform live .... nice to have waters up on stage rather than the just the Gilmour version that I saw in Tampa back in the mid 90's...94 maybe i dunno....it was an awesome show but i'm a bit of a semi-purist (as compared to the barret real purists) so it was still a tick short of tingling.

I need to get the wall on dvd.....same way i need to read 1984 again....i'd like to see and read them with the past year in mind....i put them both in the same sphere in a way.....not equals but definitely in the same sphere and most definitely not outdated.

oriJAHnalsound1 wrote:like I said , if they got Syd Barret to show , you know do " See Emily Play " or whatever id be down
now that would be somethin worth payin for
undergroundsound
newskool
newskool

Intrakit wrote:
No, they're only scheduled to play 4 songs for this reunion. I'm going to hold out & hope they do a world tour.
Where'd you get that info from? I've been reading a lot trying to find out what this entailed and hadn't come across that info or anything even resembling an answer. Is that from a good source? If so, that's waht I was expecting and a real disappointment. Granted the show is what it is so any band doing a big show wouldn't really fit into it but was still hoping for more given they've probably stolen the spotlight (er maybe not though....i probably have high hopes lol)
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

OhIt'sOnlyYou wrote:that would be awesome...I'd go with you to see them B. Alas, my all time favorite band will NEVER do a reunion because the drummer is dead.
That would be great. We'd have loads of fun Dawn!!! 8)
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

undergroundsound wrote:
Intrakit wrote:
Where'd you get that info from? I've been reading a lot trying to find out what this entailed and hadn't come across that info or anything even resembling an answer. Is that from a good source?
The source was Pink Floyd's drummer Nick Mason so yeah, the source is solid Nate. 8)

Check the interview here.

http://www.adam-d.co.uk/nick_mason_itv1.mp3
undergroundsound
newskool
newskool

Intrakit wrote:
undergroundsound wrote:
Intrakit wrote: No, they're only scheduled to play 4 songs for this reunion. I'm going to hold out & hope they do a world tour.
Where'd you get that info from? I've been reading a lot trying to find out what this entailed and hadn't come across that info or anything even resembling an answer. Is that from a good source?
The source was Pink Floyd's drummer Nick Mason so yeah, the source is solid Nate. 8)

Check the interview here.

http://www.adam-d.co.uk/nick_mason_itv1.mp3
sweet.

thanks.