An app more practical answer to "THE CUBE"

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

An app more practical answer to "THE CUBE"

Post by fishinfishnchips »

Ritchie hawtin has a new appfor interaction for his Plastikman tour. This should be interesting.

Preview of Plastikman for DEMF

Plastikman returns, less than a week after his debut at Time Warp the footage is all over the internet. I truly hope he can deliver the same experience in the good old USA!

He's also released an iPhone App SYNK, for audience interactivity. It's described as, "The Plastikman SYNK is the official companion app to the 2010 Plastikman Live world-wide tour. The App is a component of the immersive environment that the show hopes to create using various converging technologies".

Richie is big on technology and creating a unique experience, which is always something to look forward to.

Let's take a look, at the video evidence, It's pretty fucking sick!

http://whattimeisyourflight.blogspot.co ... -demf.html
Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
cramela
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cramela »

At least he is always trying to push things forward and isn't afraid to fail. The cube was lame, but hopefully he'll have something special saved for Detroit.I have a good feeling that he will come out with some really good pounding techno inspired by this tour. It's kind of hard to believe that he stopped in Gainesville more than a decade ago to play at Simons way before the minimal craze and his cartoonish party boy persona.
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

cramela wrote:At least he is always trying to push things forward and isn't afraid to fail. The cube was lame, but hopefully he'll have something special saved for Detroit.I have a good feeling that he will come out with some really good pounding techno inspired by this tour. It's kind of hard to believe that he stopped in Gainesville more than a decade ago to play at Simons way before the minimal craze and his cartoonish party boy persona.
That shvt was pretty cool. That was a interesting night. I remeber he was panning helicopters around the room. Cool.

Yeah I downloaded the app. It will be cool to see what it does during his show.
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

fishinfishnchips wrote:
cramela wrote:At least he is always trying to push things forward and isn't afraid to fail. The cube was lame, but hopefully he'll have something special saved for Detroit.I have a good feeling that he will come out with some really good pounding techno inspired by this tour. It's kind of hard to believe that he stopped in Gainesville more than a decade ago to play at Simons way before the minimal craze and his cartoonish party boy persona.
That shvt was pretty cool. That was a interesting night. I remeber he was panning helicopters around the room. Cool.

Maybe it will make the tea.
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boyd Westerman
Grand Master Dinosaur

Post by Boyd Westerman »

fishinfishnchips wrote:

I can't think of anything to say about that.
¡¡¡ǝpnp 43 ʎ1uo ɯ,ı
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Boyd Westerman wrote:
fishinfishnchips wrote:

Maybe it will vibrate and when you pick it up it will show you a picture of Magda's Itty Bitties..
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

fishinfishnchips wrote:
Boyd Westerman wrote:
fishinfishnchips wrote: That shvt was pretty cool. That was a interesting night. I remeber he was panning helicopters around the room. Cool.

Maybe it will vibrate and when you pick it up it will show you a picture of Magda's Itty Bitties..
I have checked out some of the videos for his recent tour.. Looks like h e put some moola in to show (He's got the cash to do it) Detroit should be a great place to check it out.
Boyd Westerman
Grand Master Dinosaur

Post by Boyd Westerman »

I watched a few of the vids in that blog, the light show does look cool, but I didn't see the Plasticman in any of them. Is he doing a man behind the curtain thing? Only going to come out right at the end? With all the video production and his "practices" it seems to me like he's gone as far as having a set ready to go on the push of a button.
¡¡¡ǝpnp 43 ʎ1uo ɯ,ı
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Boyd Westerman wrote:I watched a few of the vids in that blog, the light show does look cool, but I didn't see the Plasticman in any of them. Is he doing a man behind the curtain thing? Only going to come out right at the end? With all the video production and his "practices" it seems to me like he's gone as far as having a set ready to go on the push of a button.
More than likely true...

I am curious about the crowd interation of the app. You are suppose to be able to rearrange the sample from your phone. I just want to see how that works.
Boyd Westerman
Grand Master Dinosaur

Post by Boyd Westerman »

See if you can make it say "Hi Boyd"

:D
¡¡¡ǝpnp 43 ʎ1uo ɯ,ı
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

"Hi, Boyd", "Clap", "Clap"
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Or ,,, Boyd,,,Clap,,, Boyd,Clap