Mountain Bike Trails

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

Boyd Westerman wrote:
josh wickham wrote:
charon wrote:There are a lot. I go sometimes, if you want someone to go with, please pm me.

There are trails starting behind the cabana beach bus stop on 20th and 62nd blvd, they loop around, follow the path along I75, then go under the highway and loop around.

There's also a path from behind calico jacks that goes all the way through a park behind the neighborhood across from the movie theater that leads all the way to the mall.

There are the sweet walmart trails that are hard to describe, lead to trails with cool homemade bridges.

Trails from 16th ave and williston that lead to SE15th and the gville-hawthorne trail.

Small trails lead around Biven's lake

And much more. Ask if you want.

Jesus thats alot!

Have you checked out those trails behind Lowe's on 13th street? There are some nasty little trails through there with NARROW bridges I wouldn't dare go across (10-15 feet drop into creek. I think the guy's from Mr. Goodbike made the bridges). Thats where I face planted into a tree stump about 1-2 years ago. Its a little sandy and awkward to ride but fun.
back in the day I'd do the loop starting at 8th ave, past CJs, behind the mall up to 62nd through that loop, then down Archer to where the paintball place is and back. there are some fun single track back there.

then there's the secret ranger trail that starts by La Chua and goes along the rim.

I don't know the ones behind Lows, but those sound fun.
Yep, I have GPS of all the aforementioned trails except the one by the paintball, (which used to be sick, but I don't think its there anymore). If you have a GPS I can probably get them to you so you won't get lost. There's even more than what's been listed. They do an annual ride through all these near town and last year it was over 60 miles and I don't think they hit everything.

Legally, there is also the Rock trail out off Newberry and Sweetwater Preserve at the end of 16th. Both are under 5 mile loops though.

I'm tellin you, we should do the enation group ride :lol:
charon
Groupie
Groupie

Post by charon »

josh wickham wrote: Have you checked out those trails behind Lowe's on 13th street? There are some nasty little trails through there with NARROW bridges I wouldn't dare go across (10-15 feet drop into creek. I think the guy's from Mr. Goodbike made the bridges). Thats where I face planted into a tree stump about 1-2 years ago. Its a little sandy and awkward to ride but fun.
Ya, thats what I was referring to by the 'Walmart Trails'. I busted my ass off one of those bridges a year ago and have been afraid to go back since haha. I fell probably 12 feet into a creek and pulled a muscle in my leg. I'd go back, I'm just walking my bike across! The trails there are really cool though.

Theres also this cool little path between 16th and 23rd behind Elk's lodge with lots of (safe) bridges. And a small path that leads from 34th south of 8th ave to 8th ave by the swimming pool that has a couple small spur trails.

PS: Props on the warehouse party. Gville needs to get back an afterhours scene
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

y'all are makin' me wanna bust out my 'blades.. lol...
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
shek e
newskool
newskool

Post by shek e »

Yep, I have GPS of all the aforementioned trails except the one by the paintball, (which used to be sick, but I don't think its there anymore). If you have a GPS I can probably get them to you so you won't get lost. There's even more than what's been listed. They do an annual ride through all these near town and last year it was over 60 miles and I don't think they hit everything.

Legally, there is also the Rock trail out off Newberry and Sweetwater Preserve at the end of 16th. Both are under 5 mile loops though.

I'm tellin you, we should do the enation group ride :lol:
How would one go about getting the GPS info you're talking about?