GOP Members accepting or asking for stimulus money

Are you on the left? on the right? Red White and Blue?
Just Independent?

Should GOP members be called out for asking/accepting stimulus money after voting against it?

Poll ended at Feb 25 2010 01:01 pm

Yes, its hypocritical
40%
No, as long as its not for pork projects
40%
Yes, they are going against the very fiber of the GOP
20%
No, there is no honor in politics so get that $
No votes

Total votes: 5

S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

GOP Members accepting or asking for stimulus money

Post by S. Chadwick »

What are your thoughts?
Joey G
newskool
newskool

Post by Joey G »

Yeh only the democrats should be able to spend the stimilus bill they crammed down america's throat!

:roll:
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

some GOP members have refused to accept the money for any reason regardless of the need in their districts. How does one rationalize that?
Joey G
newskool
newskool

Post by Joey G »

How does one rationalize that?

You dont, you vote someone else in. Those guys are trying to play politics at the citizens expense.
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
soundsystem75
newskool
newskool

Post by soundsystem75 »

The Associated Press reported last week that U.S. Senate Democrats proposed allowing the federal government to borrow “an additional $1.9 trillion.”

That’s trillion — not billions, not measly millions.

A trillion is $1,000,000,000,000. That’s 12 zeroes. It’s a million millions.

Advertisement

It’s a lot.

Consider the proposal is to borrow $1.9 trillion more, on top of the trillions already borrowed. If approved, the AP reports the national debt will total $14.3 trillion.

I’ve got a full-sized desktop calculator, not one of those small pocket-sized models. I just tried and it won’t display enough digits. It stops at a total of 12 digits and I need 13 to display one trillion.

I plugged $14,300,000,000,000 (14.3 trillion dollars) onto a spreadsheet and divided it by 300,000,000 (300 million), the approximate number of current U.S. citizens.

If our debt were called in, every U.S. citizen — every man, woman and child — would need to pony up $47,666.67 for their individual share of this debt.

That’d be a problem for most in Louisiana, where the per capita — the per person — average income for 2006 (the most recent I could find) was estimated at $31,821.

That means the average Louisiana man, woman and child would give up 100 percent of his or her income for a solid year, and then half of next year’s income, to pay their share of this debt.

That should frighten us.

But even worse, that national debt keeps growing, not only because Congress keeps spending more, but we have to pay interest on that debt.

I’m not sure what the interest rates are for the U.S. debt, but at just 2 percent, the interest alone is $28.6 billion.

And again based on 300 million persons, the average man, woman or child owes $953.33 in interest charges for just a single year.

Remember the oft-quoted line from the movie “Apollo 13” — “Houston, we have a problem?”

We’ve got a problem, not just in Houston but all across Texas, Louisiana and the rest of the U.S., and it seems to start in Washington.
Partisan Hack.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

those arent my words... how does an article Im not associated with make me a hack? :lol: :lol: :lol:
pez
newskool
newskool

Post by pez »

The entire "stimulus" bill and "jobs" bill are hurting this country, not helping. Voting and accepting the money is same in my eyes. Dems, GOP, and Progressives on both sides, all need to get the fuck out of the way so Americans can fix America.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

what does Americans fix American mean? Please elaborate.
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

interesting...i try to stear clear of big media but there was some main news network...msnbc or hnn or something...that was saying the obama passed stimulus bill IS working...showing graphs & charts...one they kept showing was basically V shaped, being the loss of jobs during the last administration & the tip of the V is the new admin, where it gets sharply better. The exact inverse. The chart even put us ahead of where we were 8 years ago!

I'm not counting this as fact & saying everything is ok, shut up. I'm just saying...you can find any statistics you want to support the point of veiw you already hold. either side. it's taking BOTH or NEITHER side that is apparently difficult.

that said...i think the Republicans should get that money, BUT...if it does improve something in their district they should have to publicly announce it! Not as some told you so, but as a show of coming together when things do work. If it was the other way around i'd be saying the same thing :)
soundsystem75
newskool
newskool

Post by soundsystem75 »

So let me summerize...

I don;t have the facts n junk... but MSNBC said we're doing good!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

fucking hell. no. i just happened to be watching and i dont give a fuck what they say. just thought it interesting that the two sides can come up with such opposite sets of data!! seriously, if the 'experts' can't decide which is right, why would i even try? i'm fucking impartial, so stop arguing with sarcasm & have a fucking informed(whatever that means these days) discussion already.

i was just sayin. reps & right news channels have data saying its all going down hill. dems & left news channels have data saying its all getting better. I would like to assume that both 'data' sets were legitimately collected. So i think it's about time we start figuring out how this is all possible before we start using either data set as an argument point.[/b]