Ultra water sortages

W M C - Events, meet ups, rides, feelings, thoughts. How parties were, what you're going to... ...
CrimelessRaver
newskool
newskool

Ultra water sortages

Post by CrimelessRaver »

So dose anyone know if there will be free water aomewhere on the grounds? Last time I went there wasn't and there was no outside food/drink allowed in. Also at the end of the night vendors were runing out and chargin' almost $1o for a bottle of the stuff. Kids were getting sick and it just generally sucked. Finally kids ended up destroying the misting tent just to get some. If the event organizers still haven't workied this out they need to or they're going to have another Woodstock disaster n their hands!!!
Please someone let me know what's up?!
Thanks!
~Hillary
P.S. are there backpacks allowed this year?
PLUR ---> Peace, Love, Unity, Respect
PLUR ----> Please Let Us RAVE
PLUR ----> People Look Ugly Rolling
:)
debauchery
Gemini
Gemini

Post by debauchery »

Water for free, what kind of egalitarian system do you think they are running there. You should stick to the Bacardi tent, it's cheaper than water, and it tastes better.

As far as backpacks, they won't let you bring in purses bigger than 8 in. Well, at least that's how it was last year.
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

and expect a pat down search too .. . .no joke
CrimelessRaver
newskool
newskool

Post by CrimelessRaver »

I know they do pat downs and stuff...see here's the thing I just got one of those water bladder things that people wear bicycling and hiking and junk but it's in a little back pack thing. You think that would be an issue? Also as appealing as the Bacardi tent is, it's no good if u plan on dancing all night and day!
PLUR ---> Peace, Love, Unity, Respect
PLUR ----> Please Let Us RAVE
PLUR ----> People Look Ugly Rolling
:)
Brian---H
newskool
newskool

Post by Brian---H »

Last year water wasn't that expensive. I think the mayor tried to shut down Ultra, she let it go on but they had to cut the price of water or something... I think, I could be wrong. So, it shouldn't be close to $10 this year. I think it was $4 last year
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

nah it had nothing to do with the mayor, it had to do with complaints and people destroying the mist tent for water. They picked up a sponsorship with Coca Cola too which helped a lot - they upgraded from generic 20 oz at 5 dollars a pop to 24 oz Dasani sport bottles at $4 a pop. . . .not too shabby.. .thats about average at a rock concert ... .people need to stop complaining...if you want free water and all the gourmet food you can eat, get VIP! Serious! Get all your mates to pitch on one VIP pass and designate that person as the official water and food person. He/she can smuggle food and water to the rest of the camp......and bada boom, free shit yo. Word.
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

oh, and there is no "shortage" of water. Its a business people. They are out to make money.