serenity1
newskool
newskool

Soul Food 2 @ Chelsea Tampa 8/7/10

Post by serenity1 »

SATURDAY AUGUST 7TH (3pm-3am)
Red Diamond & Hallucination presents,

SOUL FOOD QUARTERLY 2
24 hours of music, 12 hours of dancing. An indoor and outdoor venue.
Cookin up the best in the Tampa Bay Underground, along with Artists' from Orlando, Miami and Toronto! Including chefs, djs, painters and designers.

Join us at The Chelsea Nightclub for the second course of
SOUL FOOD as we combine music, food, art and friends all
into one. Mediterranean fare by Chefs Justin Sills, Chris
Cresanta & Shannon Talty. Live art by Ernie Turner & Jonathon
Stealman. Two stages.

Celebrating the very special birthday of Dane'lle Masset! and all our other LEO friends

Music by:

ART DEPARTMENT (Toronto)
aka Kenny Glasgow and Jonny White
(Crosstown Rebels, No.19, Perspectiv)

http://www.myspace.com/kennyglasgowtoronto
http://www.myspace.com/jonnywhitetoronto
http://www.ravelinks.com

=-=-KENNY GLASGOW
A Canadian icon. A pioneer. And a major contributor to the culture and movement that is house music.

Kenny Glasgow, now aproaching almost 20 years behind the decks, started as a collector, not as a dj. before ever considering mixing two records, he spent four years finding the records he was hearing at underground warehouse parties. "i wanted to hear these songs i would hear at the parties when i wanted to hear them..simple as that..so i started shopping" - Kenny G. From there it wasn’t long before he was throwing his own parties as part of a Toronto trio called JMK, playing mainly garage and disco. Over the next few years his sound would naturally progress into more deep house and chicago which would inspire a collaboration with Noel Nanton (one half of Junk Hunters) called "Pressing On", feat vocals by Kenny Glasgow. This was one of several releases signed to Jinxx. Others, like "You Got A Hold On Me" also feat Kenny’s vocals soon followed, with his work being remixed by the likes of Smack, Murk and Desciple, with Jinxx liscencing his material to Roger Sanchez’s Narcotic imprint.

Kenny continued with production and throwing warehouse parties while starting to venture into a more stripped down, repetitive, dancefloor oriented style of music. At this time, Kenny was also serving a residency at the legendary "Buzz", Toronto’s first legitimate after hours party run by Ronnie 1st, Gavin Bryan, Jenstarr, Matt C, and his soon to be production partner Mario J. Before long, Kenny and Mario would have released several records under the name Method Men on labels like Difinitive, Camoflauge, Unibomber, and later on their own imprint Method 11:11, getting plays from some of the biggest names on the circut. The Toronto underground was now exploding onto the surface... and Kenny was at the forefront of the the movement.

1996 would see the opening of the truly legendary and prestigious Industry Nightclub known to most around the world as North America’s premier after hours from ’96-2001. It was during Kenny’s residency at Industry that he settled into a more techno driven sound becoming known as a techno pioneer in North America.

Later that same year Glasgow was signed to Most Wanted Entertainment, the booking agency run by Ronnie 1st, who he had played for at The Buzz and Industry. He began travelling extensively, touring most of Europe, South America & North America alongside inovators like Jeff Mills, Carl Cox, Green Velvet, Hell, Sven Vath, Dave Clark and Laurent Garnier, all of who’m he acredits with helping him to shape his musical pallette and refine his skills as a DJ.

Over the next few years Kenny would see much of the world and gain royalty status in Toronto after countless mind bending sets at Industry Nightclub before it closed its doors in 2000. Although, Industry closing (in a sense, falling victim to it’s own success) did not slow Kenny’s pace. In 2001, while at the Winter Music Conference in Miami, Kenny was approached by Tiga to mix what would be the first and only "Toronto Mix Sessions" on Turbo Recordings, establishing Kenny as Canada’s techno ambassador to the world.

Now, years later, the man considered one of the pioneers in north american techno history is back in the studio working on a full length artist album. We can only imagine this long overdue project will boast tastes of the past, the future, and the original & unique sound that is one of the world’s most beloved dj’s/producers...Kenny Glasgow.

ALONG SIDE YOUR LOCAL UNDERGROUND

THE PATIO OUTSIDE:

GRUMPTRONIX
(Miami, Hallucination)

WILL RENUART
(Miami, Electric Pickle)

OONASLIM
(Hallucination, Sleaze, Serious Soul)

BOB SKIES
(Hallucination Limited)

MUGGLES
(SubMinimal, Sleaze Thursdays Chelsea)

BRIAN BUSTO
(Serious Soul, SNATCH)

MICHAEL BRISCOE
(Naples, Velvet Elvis)

BRIAN JACKSON & RENE

-------------------------------------------------------

THE CAVE INSIDE:

SCREWFACE
(Jungle Bastard)

JOINT CUSTODY
(Traum, Hallucination Limited)

CHANG
(Connexions Radio)

F*CK*NG P*RV*RTS
(Andy Mara, Butch Johnson, MEEKO, Steve Graham)

ECHOFORM
(Orlando, Formations)

CORO

AMBER COX

MIKE E

BIG PERM

THE LSDJ

The Chelsea Nightclub
1502 N.Florida
Tampa 33602

3pm-3am

$10 before 7pm
$15 after

[/url]
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

Where exactly is that... I think that's right around the corner from my house...
Last edited by Jason_Arclo on Aug 4 2010 03:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sew In Tears, Reap In Cheers
allmightyone420
Promoter

Post by allmightyone420 »

Jason did you move to Tampa?

BTW this show looks sick! I suggest you all attend!
Adikt wrote:aside from that its all Techno hahaha...damn fist pumpers :lol:
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

Yea, I kinda of got bum rushed out of my apartment and I'm living with my mom again.. hopefully I'll be in a new place by the end of the year..
Sew In Tears, Reap In Cheers