Wild Things in IMAX...St Pete/Clearwater???

Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Largo, Sarasota, etc area

Moderator: allmightyone420

Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Wild Things in IMAX...St Pete/Clearwater???

Post by Adikt »

anyone know an IMAX theatre in St Pete or Clearwater that is playing Where The Wild Things Are? I've waited to see it all week so i can actually get it on the big screen...seems like the closest theatre with it is in Ybor tho...something on the St Pete side of the bridge would be great...

also...any good bars with microbrews n such in downtown St Pete?
a restaurant called Ceviche is in our hotel...anyone been there?

any good edm in St Pete Friday or Saturday by chance??

:)
allmightyone420
Promoter

Post by allmightyone420 »

Baywalk in Downtown St Pete has IMAX. Not sure if they are showing Wild Things or not, but it's within walking distance from your hotel if you're staying where I think you're staying. As far as EDM, I would check out The Lobby @ The Garden on Central. They have jazz outside, and a DJ in the bar upstairs. Good spot for Friday nights. Vintage and Push have DJs also, though not sure who would be playing.

Not sure about a microbrew in downtown...the closest one I can think of in on Park.
Adikt wrote:aside from that its all Techno hahaha...damn fist pumpers :lol:
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

I like the IMax at MOSI...
Sew In Tears, Reap In Cheers
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

saw it at Channelside...the theatre was ok...i thought imax was supposed to be slightly rounded screens, not just bigger...ah well...i LOVED the movie...but i can pretty much say the whole book word for word...and Spike is one of my favorite directors...so yeh... :twisted:
allmightyone420
Promoter

Post by allmightyone420 »

Apparently there are now two ways of seeing IMAX. One has to do with the film quality (relate it to blu-ray versus regular dvd) while the other is the round versus bigger screens. Trust me, that's how Transformers got an extra $2.50 from my wallet this summer. MOSI is the only spot in town with the round screens that I know of...
Adikt wrote:aside from that its all Techno hahaha...damn fist pumpers :lol:
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

ah...they should specify as i was hoping for the round style like i remembered from Epcot dinos :lol: