Anyone going to see Skrillex at Freebird?

Jacksonville/Georgia area....

Moderator: D Min

Jin
Groupie
Groupie

Anyone going to see Skrillex at Freebird?

Post by Jin »

Just curious if anyone is making it out to the Freebird for Skrillex.
José Ignãtiüs Nelson
ziggnuttz
newskool
newskool

Re: Anyone going to see Skrillex at Freebird?

Post by ziggnuttz »

I really wanted to see this kid, but, the show was sold out in days. Never had a chance to get a ticket! But Bassnectar in Gville on Oct. 21 should be a blast!
for a limited time only
Jin
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Jin »

Woah, thanks for the info about BassNectar in Gainesville!

Is there a festival going on in G-town, or is the event mostly BassNectar, Amp Live and SuperDre?

I remember going to a few multi-stage festivals at the Alachua County Fairgrounds. Simons used to have interesting pavillions indoors and in the woods....

I may see you there.

I saw this quote that someone posted about the upcoming BassNectar show :

"YESSSS! this is gonna be WOMPtastic! This is gonna turn brains to yogurt and some change."
José Ignãtiüs Nelson
ziggnuttz
newskool
newskool

Post by ziggnuttz »

Yeah, it's at the fairgrounds, but it's not a festival, it's his tour for the new cd. his show last year at freebird was just filthy. I'm not missing him if he's only an hour or two away. people want to hate on bassnectar for some reason, but he puts on a good show, and it's always thick. i haven't seen skrillex, and some of the true old dub friends of mine think he's brostep and won't get near him, but whateva, as long as the bass is a knockin, i don't care.

i'll buy skrillex tix if peeps have them. I need 2. hit me up.

off for a 5 mile run! oooooowwwww!

i'll be checkin in here more often again.
for a limited time only
Jin
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Jin »

I'm normally only into Progressive House and Tech House, but my nephew recently turned me on to Skrillex. It's great to hear something new and innovative when all the other genres of Electronic music seem somewhat stagnant lately. Dubstep seems to be all the rage.

I don't have tickets yet either. I could be wrong, but it really looks like scalpers went to town on this Skrillex show. There are 100's of resale tickets available online through various resellers. The lowest price I've seen is around $50/per. Some of the resellers have "floor tickets" to a General Admission show for $200!!??!
José Ignãtiüs Nelson