Palin Hanging, This is not a hate crime?

Are you on the left? on the right? Red White and Blue?
Just Independent?

Do you believe it is a hate crime?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

Jenn M

Post by Jenn M »

In order for this to be a hate crime it would have to be more than just a dumby dressed at Palin there is scientific proof that there is a fine line between love and hate... So with hate is passion. Hate is a real emotion triggered in the brain the same way we love. So no way no how was this a hate crime!

Its a dumb ass statement or expression of a emotion not known as hate. More along the lines of bigotry or shovenism.

"As far as we can determine it is unique to the sentiment of hate even though individual sites within it have been shown to be active in other conditions that are related to hate," the researchers wrote.

The so-called hate circuit includes structures in the cortex and the sub-cortex and represented a pattern distinct from emotions such as fear, threat and danger, Zeki said in a telephone interview.

One part of the brain that switched on was an area considered critical in predicting other people's actions, something that is likely key when confronting a hated person, the researchers said.

The brain activity also occurred in the putamen and insula, two areas activated when people viewed the face of a loved person. Scientists have linked the regions to aggressive action and distressing situations, Zeki said.

But there were important differences as well. A bigger part of the cerebral cortex -- an area linked to judgment and reasoning -- de-activates with love compared to hate.

While both emotions are all-consuming passions, it may be that people in love are often less critical and judgmental about their partner but need to maintain their focus when dealing with a hated rival, the researchers said.

"It is more likely that in the context of hate the hater may want to exercise judgment in calculating moves to (cause) harm," Zeki said in a statement.
soundsystem75
newskool
newskool

Post by soundsystem75 »

John Johnson, executive director of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, called the action unacceptable even if it was a prank.

Raoul Cunningham, president of the Louisville chapter of the NAACP, said he is still trying to sort out his feelings "because there may be a double-meaning because Barack Obama is black, that he would be hung from a tree—that goes back to lynching."

Gov. Steve Beshear called the incident "embarrassing" and "deeply offensive."

"This was not political speech. It was simply hate," he said.

Federal authorities have been notified, Todd said. He said the effigy violates the university's code of ethics and won't be tolerated.

"I am outraged because we work very hard, every day, to build bridges across the divides," Todd said. "Diversity and inclusion are among our most precious core values. Episodes like this serve only to erode our confidence in and respect for one another."

I'll take those folks word for it...
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

I think it's fugged up.. Would it be considered a hate crime if it were an Obama Manequin?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27439385/

it seems its going on all over the place. Obama & Palin. Albeit the Obama effigy's get the tree treatment and Palin gets a house. It seems women are getting the better end of the deal when were talking hanging effigies. :lol:
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

i think it would be a hatecrime if they followed through with hanging her fo' reals.
8 Ohm
Gemini
Gemini

Post by 8 Ohm »

Joey G wrote:
I think it should be illegal to bring shit like that into the polls. If you can’t vote with your own brain stay home.
Just found out it is illegal.. This is a form of voter intimidation.. Could you please PM me the address of the polling station. I will be in Gainesville tomorrow on work & would like to stop through get a copy of the paper & take a couple photos of the people handing them out..
Preppy Raver
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by Preppy Raver »

soundsystem75 wrote:
John Johnson, executive director of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, called the action unacceptable even if it was a prank.

Raoul Cunningham, president of the Louisville chapter of the NAACP, said he is still trying to sort out his feelings "because there may be a double-meaning because Barack Obama is black, that he would be hung from a tree—that goes back to lynching."

Gov. Steve Beshear called the incident "embarrassing" and "deeply offensive."

"This was not political speech. It was simply hate," he said.

Federal authorities have been notified, Todd said. He said the effigy violates the university's code of ethics and won't be tolerated.

"I am outraged because we work very hard, every day, to build bridges across the divides," Todd said. "Diversity and inclusion are among our most precious core values. Episodes like this serve only to erode our confidence in and respect for one another."

I'll take those folks word for it...

Thank you, as do I.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

I guess Obama effigy's are ok though? :lol: They were being hung well before palin's but no poll or post. :lol:
Marta
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by Marta »

8 Ohm wrote:Did you know the Military is preparing for Riots if Obama loses!!

Yes.....if he loses there will be violent riots bc some people are just plain ignorant in this society.... if he WINS there will still be riots but it will be the kind of riots like the sports fans causes--- sucks either way---

But yea dude should have never put that in his yard-if it was obama people would be calling it a racial hate crime- so yea its wrong (but i still laughed at the creativity of it lol)

There are ignorant people in both parties- not just the "obama" side. BC Ive ran into several jackasses who is voting for Mccain bc he is white and they dont want a "black" man as our president. When I ask them questions about what they know of mccain they said they dont care. Sooooo there are just stupid people altogether
Larz
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Larz »

S. Chadwick wrote:I guess Obama effigy's are ok though? :lol: They were being hung well before palin's but no poll or post. :lol:
Are you saying Obama is well hung?
Marta
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by Marta »

Larz42 wrote:
S. Chadwick wrote:I guess Obama effigy's are ok though? :lol: They were being hung well before palin's but no poll or post. :lol:
Are you saying Obama is well hung?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Jenn M

Post by Jenn M »

ohhhhhhhh shizzzzzzzle lol
Patton
Dj

sdfgsdfg

Post by Patton »

here is what i would suggest. Since you seem to be confused on what words and or phrases mean you might want to swing by dictionary.com .

here is the actual definition of a hate crime

a crime, usually violent, motivated by prejudice or intolerance toward a member of a gender, racial, religious, or social group

(note; it didn't mention politics)

an effigy is image of a religious figure. usually placed in a church. A unpopular figure or politician is called a tableaux

now with that said i will address this boards horrific lack of history for the 18,166th time. For real, what school did you people go to?

Here are a list of figures that are hung or burned on a regular basis yet no mention from the peanut gallery.

Guy Fawlkes - has a holiday in England in which the country burns him. November 5th. You might have seen it in a movie and cheered for this Catholic hero. Remember Remember the 5th of November.

The Pope, any pope usually alongside Mr Fawlkes

Abe Lincoln

Gen. Sherman

Bin Laden

Bush 1 & 2

it is a complicated world out there. Please before you react again please read hand manual.
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

8 Ohm wrote: BUT I have never called him a Muslim.. :)
How Republican of you.
Thanks for all the shoes.
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!