[DF24] Kraymon - Papillon Rouge (w/ Remixes) OUT NOW!!

Post your latest tracks and/or mixes here for the eNation community to listen.
DeadFamousGirl
newskool
newskool

[DF24] Kraymon - Papillon Rouge (w/ Remixes) OUT NOW!!

Post by DeadFamousGirl »

Kraymon – Papillon Rouge (Mesmer / LuQas / Mike Lennon) [DF24]
OUT NOW :: at Beatport for the next 2 weeks, and then everywhere else afterwards.

Every now and then a piece of music comes along that grasps at your soul so fiercely, that as a label, you would be a fool not to release it. That piece of music, in this instance, is Kraymon’s “Papillon Rouge”, or red butterfly, if you will. Papillon Rouge is an elegant breakbeat tune, meshing big strings, an ethereal vibe, and tough acid, all on top of a crisp broken beat. There aren’t loads of tunes that come out like this nowadays, and Kraymon has once again proven himself the master of it in this day in age.

When we first signed this tune, the #1 choice on the remix tip was Mesmer. Mesmer is someone who has proven himself time and time again as one of the hardest working producers in breaks, pushing the dark progressive sounds quite like no other. On this remix, He has invoked the spirit of early nuskool (before it was even called nuskool!), and delivered a tough as nails electro breaks monster of a remix. Working contrasts well, Mesmer uses the strings of the original to lift you up, and then just drops into bass so nasty, that your face will permanently disfigure itself.

Next up we have Dead Famous’s own, and quite the rising star, LuQas. Making a name for himself in the psy-breaks community, Brighton’s poster boy for the new generation of breakbeat producers turns in a remix that drives massively, while appeasing the proper breakbeat aficionados. Building and building until the main break where he drops this ridiculous acid line and blows the spot completely up, LuQas continues to be a producer that you definitely need to keep your eye on.

Lastly, but surely not leastly, we have Mike Lennon. Mike is no stranger to Dead Famous, having turned out a wicked remix of Attack Release vs. Robosapiens’ “Trip” earlier this year. In fact, when we heard that remix, we saw it a no brainer to have Mike take a stab at Papillon Rouge, and he has definitely not disappointed. Very ethereal, and in typical Mike Lennon fashion, very head noddy.

Don't take our word for it, here's what others had to say about Papillon Rouge:

Robosapiens "Its the Luqas mix for us been playing out loads quality as usual from one of the best new producers 9/10"

High Eight "The original, it goes without saying, is great, but it's Mesmer's remix that I'm particularly excited about on this package. I'm a Mesmer fan anyway, but he's definitely delivered the goods here!"

Left / Right "Liked the original and mike lennon best for their chiller vibes. got some interesting throwback sounds but still with a modern edge."

Farace "Original is my favorite in the pack, but all the mixes sound great! Awesome release all around!"

Perpetual Present "A nice melodic & floaty breaks tune but still packing a tight bass end and plenty of acid! Quality progressive remix from Luqas too"

Far Too Loud "Nice string sample in this, and i like the way its used in the mesmer remix...mesmerising one might say! Luqas remix is my fave though, nice rolling techy breaks."

Marty B "The original mix is as close to perfect as you will ever hear in this genre with a sound that literally journeyfies listeners. My fave on this was very hard to pick so I went for the Original and the LuQas remix equally, 10/10 RESPECT!"

Lee Martin (Dusted Breaks) "Love Pete's original, It's easily one of the nicest sounding breaks tracks I have ever heard!! (I shit you not) Great production from the man himself and full playing support from me!"

Hexadecimal "The luQas mix is by far the best thing about this package, takes the best elements of the original, best thing I have heard from him so far :)"

Jurassik (Thisisbreaks / IDJ) "My favourite is the LuQas mix, though I really like the Mesmer track too. There's a whole heap of genuinely exciting, uncompromising breakbeat being produced right now by artists with a true love for the music who aren't just trying to sound like the next big thing, and you guys are right at the forefront of that. The quality levels of each release are just insane! Big ups!"

601 "Lovely release guys.the Original is my favourite mix closely followed by Mike Lennon's moody re-rub,top work!"

Steve Maccabe "Can't get over how good the original is, can see myself playing the original as the last song in my sets for some time to come, love it. Really like LuQas's remix aswell, will give that some peak-time plays too."

Kickflip "Love the deeper sounds of the original, with a gorgeous classical sample and an overall sound staying true to Kraymon's distinctive sound. Favourite has to be the original, but with a nod to Mike Lennon's ethereal dubstep rework and Mesmer's still deep but slightly tougher edged breaks rejig."

Llupa "Original - very cool tune, something a little different, loads of melodic and organic elements fused together with a great rolling bassline makes this almost the perfect tune for me. great set opener and great for the summer outdoor vibe. This will be rinsed by me for a while - great work"

Stephen Cole "Diggin the progressive feel of the LuQas mix, but the acidic synth lines and ethereal strings of the original win it for me on this release"

Quextal "Love the original of this. As you say, it's a rare breed. So much beauty"

Anarchy Rice "Definitly the Mesmer remix for me, got a great Hybrid sound & and an awesome flow to it, cheers!"

http://www.myspace.com/deadfamousrecordings

Until next time, Keep it Evil.

farace
Gemini
Gemini

Post by farace »

this release is excellent :cheers:
Well you're livin life without a care, are you livin enough, or are you scared