too many forums...

Talk about the site, the forums, and members. Share your thoughts about enation.
Feedback and comments are welcome!
Adam Singer
Dj

too many forums...

Post by Adam Singer »

you would create a tighter-knit community with better discussions if you tightened it up

just a thought
D/L music free under creative commons: http://agsinger.com
JPExpress
Stanton
Stanton

Post by JPExpress »

I agree. I really like how 4four is set up. Let everyone post about whatever in a general/music forum and then break it up into whatever respective niche forums. We're basically being segregated here...even though we are still allowed to visit other cities. It's just that everyone seems to stick within their respective region.
childers
newskool
newskool

Post by childers »

JPExpress wrote:I agree. I really like how 4four is set up. Let everyone post about whatever in a general/music forum and then break it up into whatever respective niche forums. We're basically being segregated here...even though we are still allowed to visit other cities. It's just that everyone seems to stick within their respective region.
..... agreed!!!....just lump jax & north central/orlando together...have a mixes and downloads forum and dump miami......nobody gives fuck all about miami on this board....they just post on cooljunkie.
DBK
Stanton
Stanton

Post by DBK »

I would agree with that, so long as that doesn't mean all the stickies in each one are all on one board, that would fill up the first two or three pages all on its own :lol:

...when I come on here I just do "check all posts since last visit" so it kind of bypasses the whole subforum thing anyway
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

tight knit. its online guys.
Adam Singer
Dj

Post by Adam Singer »

S. Chadwick wrote:tight knit. its online guys.
actually, steve, having a 'community feel' is something which defines success of most social websites

From Marshall over at ReadWriteWeb:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/so ... models.php

Community feel

I prefer to spend my time in the company of people who have the same interests and who already agree with me about things that are important. I'm just kidding about that.

That's the trade-off you often make when choosing to spend your time on a niche social news site. You trade opportunities to make new and diverse social connections for the opportunity to develop a closer connection to a smaller, more homogeneous group of news lovers. Both have their place, I wouldn't want one and not the other in my life.
D/L music free under creative commons: http://agsinger.com
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

Your acting as though humans cant pick and choose what they look at or dont. Were not sheeple. I know when i look at a site im not overwhelmed by the options i go where i want.
LeLe
newskool
newskool

Re: too many forums...

Post by LeLe »

Adam Singer wrote:you would create a tighter-knit community with better discussions if you tightened it up

just a thought
No, I like it like this. Lots of places to write. Its good
djtylerdurden
newskool
newskool

Post by djtylerdurden »

S. Chadwick wrote:Were not sheeple. .
or are WE! -lol
"A minute of perfection was worth the effort!"

Buy VINYL, CD, MP3, WAV from this artist @
www.TrueSkoolMusic.com