How much time do you spend making music?

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

How much time do you spend making music?

Post by enation.org »

How many of you are making tracks 24/7 and how many of you are lucky enough to work an hour a month?
spektrum

Post by spektrum »

I voted other.

When I get motivated.....I write a few hours a day.

But recently, I haven't been able to write music for a while now.

If I had it my way.....I would write music about 3 hours a day.
D Min wrote:someone should get me and dan to tag team on a nu skool-polka mash up session for the night.
jeremy mcdonald

a;ldsjf

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

I set three days a week aside for studio work. That could include making sounds, writing, experimenting, remixes,cleaning,and just goofing off.
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

schedules are a good thing... i think i could benefit from one, aside from the m-f 8-5 deal... haha... cause it's all a mess once i leave work... structuring would probably make things a little easier and more effecient... maybe even help with creativity... good lookin' out! haha, w3rd!
booooo yaaaaa!
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

right now i can't make music because i don't have a computer and i can't use my rents computer for music since i already take up to much space on their hard drive. i'm working on getting a new computer. until then i can't make music for a while. when i first got started last year, it was every night!
damon noyes
newskool
newskool

Post by damon noyes »

i spend 25 hours a week minumim......and usually finish a track a week :wink:
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

i cant vote! :( 24/7! ! !
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

Now that I have a computer... it's been at least once a week. I do want to get on a schedule so that I can spend more time making music.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!

Post by S. Chadwick »

2 hours a weeknight and marathons on the weekend. i finish a track when i say its finished. 8)
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

I pick 1 weekend out of 2 months to sit in my room until it is done. I orignially did this to practice for working in a real studio or rental time with only a few days to do it. But now since tech. is getting better I think I can just relax about wanting to get on some real hardware and compression equipment.
M.J.5
Groupie
Groupie

Post by M.J.5 »

I spend too much time in front of a computer at work so getting in front of it at home isn't so appealing but I try to get on it at least two nights a week.

Mike J
I got an idea, an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.
Re3wind
newskool
newskool

Post by Re3wind »

I spend way too much time making music.. You and I need to get up on some music.
dandmantra wrote:PS. I think you're both asshats. carry on with your pissing match.
JPExpress
Stanton
Stanton

Post by JPExpress »

I rarely spend any time. My computer is getting so old and slow, that it's come to the point where it's more of a chore for me to start working on a track. Plus I TRULY hate the whole pre-pro process of sound selection!!!!!! My current set-up in not condussive to creativity.
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

I just don't have time now.....

DJing is where I am going...all I really have time for.

The only way I will create time in my schedule for making music is if I suddenly stop having great sex all the time or become depressed and become a fixture in my home....

or producers simply don't make a quality sound I am into anymore that I know should be contructed....

.....but for now I can't stop listening to some of these new techno tracks that are coming out....I got nothing on these guys.
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

I sing in the shower when I take my weekly shower. Does that count??
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker