What inspired you?

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

What inspired you?

Post by enation.org »

What made you want to start producing music?
Wednesdays 7-10PM
http://www.enation.fm
"In Old Skool We Trust"
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

For me it was that I had been behind the decks for a long time and wanted to get the other aspect of music and not just playing it but c r e a t i n g it.
Wednesdays 7-10PM
"In Old Skool We Trust"
kwest 1
Groupie
Groupie

Post by kwest 1 »

likewise...it started with wax then i wanted to take it a step further.
This ain't no time where the usual is suitable
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

i'd have to say funklab... i was a rave twinkie fruit cake, bought a mix tape of c4's on a suggestion from someone @ venus & mars (orlando) started buying all their mix tapes/cds then i met them @ a party called meltdown @ the rubb in ybor city... saw them play a live pa battle (well a back 2 back one anyways) against eclipse... and from that moment on i was like "damn i wanna make some beats like that" a clue to how naive i was at that point, i had already seen them a few times before @ outer limits in cocoa beach when they were holding a residency there doing a live pa once a month... only at that point i was so drugged out at shows i didn't know the difference between a dj and a live pa... and i didn't realize till months after the rubb show when i was looking at older flyers and noticed one from outer limits with their names on it... haha... man i'm glad i'm past all that shyt! w00t w00t!
booooo yaaaaa!
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

When I was starting out I spun breaks in South Florida. Funklab was and still is great. I had and still have alot of their old stuff. I love that style and very few have really captured that sound. I can't recall the number of times that I've seen them live.
Wednesdays 7-10PM
"In Old Skool We Trust"
IKKI-ZVUK
newskool
newskool

Post by IKKI-ZVUK »

uh !
Let me think .......... the main reason i started with produ..... was

-----------------------------BT-------------------------------------

and of course I always wanted to make my own music !
PvD-The Other Side
aka:Alekos/iMacWizard
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

enation.org wrote:When I was starting out I spun breaks in South Florida. Funklab was and still is great. I had and still have alot of their old stuff. I love that style and very few have really captured that sound. I can't recall the number of times that I've seen them live.
if thtat is so, then we have partied together a lot... prolly more times than can be counted on both hands... w3rd!
booooo yaaaaa!
jeremy mcdonald

fdhahf

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

I started playing drums for a punk band in jr high. Got tired of listening to guitarists and vocalists tuning and arguing.I said fuck it bought a Amiga 500 with a Yamaha Tg33 and went from there. I got frustrated not being able to play my electronic stuff live and started to DJ and it has all come full circle. I dj to fund my studio and releases and to play my own stuff and remixes out.
OtownzMchill
Groupie
Groupie

Post by OtownzMchill »

at 1st i just wanted 2 bang out sum beats for my car. then friends and family started asking for copies. then every1 was like..man u guys need 2 play out. so we did some live PA's and we threw a few Bboy events.
skippin to now...we do very few PA and instead we just mix our stuff live on a laptop at a weekly gig. this has changed my inspiration completely. now i write to blow up a cypher or get the hot grls shakin ;)
Alex Perez
newskool
newskool

Post by Alex Perez »

Hybrid
Bt

any questions :)
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

Alex Perez wrote:Hybrid
Bt

ditto
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

i also forgot to mention alex perez :D
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Re: fdhahf

Post by Double Y Chrome »

jeremy mcdonald wrote:I started playing drums for a punk band in jr high. Got tired of listening to guitarists and vocalists tuning and arguing.I said fuck it bought a Amiga 500 with a Yamaha Tg33 and went from there. I got frustrated not being able to play my electronic stuff live and started to DJ and it has all come full circle. I dj to fund my studio and releases and to play my own stuff and remixes out.
similar.
4james2S.0
Stanton
Stanton

Post by 4james2S.0 »

Alex Perez wrote:Hybrid
Bt

no questions here. I just always hear how tracks could be different "better" in my eyes. I always hear stuff I enjoy but think...if it did this instead of that it would be more enjoyable
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=JamesDupree
Mr.CASH wrote:i<3 me too,we should go bowling:P