Lacking actual discussion...

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Lacking actual discussion...

Post by d-_-b »

this board needs a kick in the rear... how about everyone try to make just one post a day to this forum... so we can get a general flow of ideas moving right along...
booooo yaaaaa!
jeremy mcdonald

dsfasdgahth

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

What would you like to talk about ?
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

Here's a simple question, maybe not to answer... but to ask...

What is your favorite VST/VSTi and why?
booooo yaaaaa!
jeremy mcdonald

ff;i;buvuc

Never really messed with VST stuff that much. Everything that I have gotten has been real buggy. Now with the Acid 4 it sorts all that out so I am getting in the habit of using them. My favorite plug-in though is Enigma. Fucking sick stuff.
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

I am personally trying to get a hardware based studio kicking. That's more expensive than VSTs.
Although I find PC based production easier (for me) I like the feeling of jamming better.
The other thing I hate is that I never have enough time to do everything!
Wednesdays 7-10PM
http://www.enation.fm
"In Old Skool We Trust"
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

Well the only bugs I'm experiencing right now is that cubase will just shut down completely...but i've heard that it is just a flaw in the 1.05.61 update and rolling back to 1.03 takes care of it until they fix it... but it hardly ever does it and i have it set to autosave every 5min so it's all good...
booooo yaaaaa!
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

with all the filters/oscillators/fm modulators/arpeggeiators available in soft synths you really can create just about whatever sound you want with the right tweaking... and many of the presets are already dope... giving it your own personal touch just makes it that much better... as far as outboard gear goes, I'm not against it... I just don't think there too many pieces out there these days, with the exception of some legacy tools, that can make sounds that your computer can't.

Jeremy, what version of what piece of sequencing software were you having problems with?
booooo yaaaaa!
jeremy mcdonald

The asdf

The only problems that i have had is with Cubase and some VST plug ins. I have used Cakewalk for 8 years and I have been using Acid and Sound Forge with it. So it really is no big deal to me if Cubase wants to work when it wants to. I did use Recycle 1 & 1.7 when I was using a Akai S2000 sampler. But that is just collecting dust now.