Reason 2.5

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
D Min
Stanton
Stanton

Reason 2.5

Post by D Min »

ok,im new to the whole program,and i do not know too much about producing.Any helpful hints for me?I do not understand the whole concept,i thought it was a profgram in which you actually write the music,but it seems that you write it with a midi keyboard or something???Help a clueless man out!!!
spektrum

Post by spektrum »

I remember when I first got Reason 1.0 and I wanted to learn about all of it's features.

I went onto SEVERAL production bb's and I got the EXACT same responce from everyone.

They said....."Read the manual that came with the program".

If you open Reason and go to "Help"...click on "Index" and read EVERYTHING!

Trust me.......you will learn everything you will EVER need to know about Reason there.

The only thing else you will need, is to know basic strong structure and having a creative mind is a must!

Just remember........the only bounderies in Reason....are the ones you set on yourself.
D Min wrote:someone should get me and dan to tag team on a nu skool-polka mash up session for the night.
D Min
Stanton
Stanton

Post by D Min »

ok,but whats up with the midi keyboard?????
spektrum

Post by spektrum »

There is no need for a midi controller, but if you want one....I have one for sale. :wink:
D Min wrote:someone should get me and dan to tag team on a nu skool-polka mash up session for the night.
D Min
Stanton
Stanton

Post by D Min »

ok,so the midi plug in or w/e is not nessecary.All i need is a sound card and the program?
spektrum

Post by spektrum »

yup