Anyone here use any hardware gear?

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
jeremy mcdonald

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

I use quite a bit of outboard gear as sound sources. The most bang for the buck from what I have seen at the moment is the MicroKorg for $399.

It has the same synth engine as the Korg Ms2000 and a vocoder as well.
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

I just have a Yamaha AN200 and a Roland Sp303 for right now. I'd like to get a nice synth.

The microKorg looks and seems very nice. Its great how it has the same engine as the MS2000. And I think that has voices similar to the Korg Karma.

What kind of synth are you looking for? Are there any particular sounds you want? Do you want a keyboard or a rack mounted sound module?
Wednesdays 7-10PM
http://www.enation.fm
"In Old Skool We Trust"
ßåÐM0øÐ
Groupie
Groupie

Post by ßåÐM0øÐ »

my plans are to a get one nice fully weighted 88-key keyboard to use as a controller for some rack mounts... i think that's the way to do it... i just love the feel of fully weighted 88-key action... still not as good as an actual piano... but close as it gets with plastic keys i guess... heh... i wish i still had access to my dad's yamaha disklavier upright that shit was the sweetest controller ever... but damn if you tried to do a live pa... haha!
))_stinkin up the place with my ßåÐM0øÐ>>
FUKK TIESTO!
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

ßåÐM0øÐ wrote:my plans are to a get one nice fully weighted 88-key keyboard to use as a controller for some rack mounts... i think that's the way to do it... i just love the feel of fully weighted 88-key action... still not as good as an actual piano... but close as it gets with plastic keys i guess... heh... i wish i still had access to my dad's yamaha disklavier upright that shiznit was the sweetest controller ever... but damn if you tried to do a live pa... haha!
That's the way I'd like to get my setup. You have anything in mind yet? keyboard/controller wise.
Wednesdays 7-10PM
"In Old Skool We Trust"
ßåÐM0øÐ
Groupie
Groupie

Post by ßåÐM0øÐ »

Roland/Edirol SP-88 with virus rack's (of any flavor i can get my hands on), triton STUDIO rack if they ever put it out and probably a kurzweil k2500 rack (my dad had a k2500 76-key with all the bells and whistles... boy that was a great sounding unit!) and possibly one or two of the EMU racks. (this is all in my dreams of course... but i am definetly working towards it... w0rd!)
))_stinkin up the place with my ßåÐM0øÐ>>
FUKK TIESTO!
IKKI-ZVUK
newskool
newskool

Post by IKKI-ZVUK »

If you are really into Production you HAVE to get Kyma ! Believe me that thing it's the shit , kinda expensive though .
PvD-The Other Side
aka:Alekos/iMacWizard
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

IKKI-ZVUK wrote:If you are really into Production you HAVE to get Kyma ! Believe me that thing it's the shiznit , kinda expensive though .
What is it?
Wednesdays 7-10PM
"In Old Skool We Trust"
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

for a second there i thought he meant Karma... those rock too... but it's just your regulat outboard synth from korg... in my opinion software is so powerful these days... unless you just can't reproduce a particular sound there's no need for the outboard gear... and if they make it in rack form... that's the way to go!
booooo yaaaaa!
jeremy mcdonald

gjsgfjstst

Korg monopoly - for real deal analoug,built i believe in 1979
Kawai K5000s - Additive synth with memory upgrade
Alesis QS6 - broard range of sounds nice effects
Opcode 64x - midi router
Roland jp 8000 - nice hands on synth
Emu Audity 2000- 16 independent arps, sick
Korg Ms2000r -
Novation Bass Station Rack- The original
Alesis Multiverb 4
Peavy Unity 16 channel mixer
Alesis sr-16 drum machine- haven't used it in 4 years
And a full percussion rig- congas,tablas,djumbe,timbales,etc.
2 Shure sm-57 mics

My roommate has a studio as well but I won't list his stuff. It is way nice though.

oh yeah i have a vocal/percussion room converted from a closet and some foam
jeremy mcdonald

jzgjhdfgj

I almost forgot. I would suggest buying at least one keyboard. Even if it is one of those midi controllers with no sounds. Granted my computer is the center of my studio. All sequencing,editing,sampling,mastering,etc is done there. There is something special though about walking up to the keyboard and just playing. I have learned more about music theroy having a keyboard.
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: jzgjhdfgj

Post by enation.org »

jeremy mcdonald wrote:my computer is the center of my studio. All sequencing,editing,sampling,mastering,etc is done there. There is something special though about walking up to the keyboard and just playing. I have learned more about music theroy having a keyboard.
I agree with you. My computer is the center of my setup as well. One thing I'm working on is putting together a new one once I can afford it.
Wednesdays 7-10PM
"In Old Skool We Trust"