Cubase SX

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Cubase SX

Post by d-_-b »

Ok, I am using cubase with an evolution mk249c usb/midi keyboard i have it hooked to my computer via USB, i have to turn my keyboard on before i can load cubase (it tells me this in the manual), but once both are loaded for some reason after cubase has been on for a while no matter whether i turn the keyboard off first or shut down cubase first, cubase will freeze and the only thing i can do is a hard reboot... any ideas? i have latest drivers for my soundcard and keyboard and i am using the terratec dmx asio drivers. I haven't tried using the steinberg asio drivers yet cause i would think the ones provided with my soundcard would be superior...

running WinXP Pro w/minimal background services(services running include apache web server w/php, mysql, norton av, all critically necessary win services and maybe one or two that i forgot) 512MB ram, main drive = 43GB deathstar / secondary drive = 2 60GB maxtor's in RAID-0 and a TerratecDMX6Fire24/96 audio card... I had a SB Live until recently and I am wondering if maybe i should to a fresh format and reinstall of windows just to make sure nothing from old hardware is lingering in the registry...

any help is appreciated!
booooo yaaaaa!
spektrum

Post by spektrum »

make sure ALL the drivers from the SB are uninstalled.

SB likes to hide drivers in odd spots.

Got through your registery and delete ALL references of SB.

Then unistall all drivers for your midi keyboard.

Then.....uninstall you current soundcard and all drivers.

After all of that.......go through and set ALL of your audio programs (winamp, reason, cubase, logic, etc....etc) and make sure all the midi and sound drivers are at none.

After you have done that.......reinstall your soundcard. Then go back into all of your audio programs and set the audio properties for your freshlky installed soundcard.

Now reinstall the midi controller.

Everything should run like a charm.

Of course......you could do a reformat....but that is to time consuming.

I reformat my computer every 6 months or so.

If you haven't done a reformat in a while...then it might be best.
D Min wrote:someone should get me and dan to tag team on a nu skool-polka mash up session for the night.
d-_-b
newskool
newskool

Post by d-_-b »

ok, formatted... reinstalling everything and testing now... hopefully that what it was... man i wish i had 3k to build me a new system... i know DDR would do wonders for me... HAH!
booooo yaaaaa!