Step Sequencing Synth Lines/ Bass Lines Etc...

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
Jamie McLaughlin
newskool
newskool

Step Sequencing Synth Lines/ Bass Lines Etc...

Post by Jamie McLaughlin »

Does anyone have a suggestion for programming arpeggios that can be played live that is easier than what I'm doing now? I'm basically just switching from one synth line to another using a mouse/and or a pattern on my electribe. The electribe is monophonic and isn't good for programming complex synth lines. Ideally, I would like to step sequence the melody and then be able to transpose live with my M-Audio Radium.

I've had great success so far with beats, fx, and simple melodies, but the complex rising and falling arpeggios of trance/ progressive breaks is what I'm looking to do more efficiently.

My setup is as follows:

M-audio Radium 61 key
Electribe MX1 - master
Electribe SX- slave
Microkorg- (i'd like to slave this to some kind of easy to use sequencing program or hardware for my bass lines and eq them externally)

desktop w/ reason 3, cubase sx, ableton live 5

Any help would be fantastic....thanks!!
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

i could help you with the writing of arps. Im not sure if thats what your asking. i use reason 3 as well along with abelton 5. Hit me up.
Dangermouse004
newskool
newskool

Post by Dangermouse004 »

"Ideally, I would like to step sequence the melody and then be able to transpose live with my M-Audio Radium. "

You want to adjust the key of the arpeggio live?? Not sure I get yuh....
Dangermouse004
newskool
newskool

Post by Dangermouse004 »

damnit
Jamie McLaughlin
newskool
newskool

Dangermouse004 wrote:"Ideally, I would like to step sequence the melody and then be able to transpose live with my M-Audio Radium. "

You want to adjust the key of the arpeggio live?? Not sure I get yuh....
yeah...basically
Jamie McLaughlin
newskool
newskool

Since this post was first written, I have learned alot....Ableton is a kick ass midi-sequencer, multitrack recorder, etc...there isn't much that it doesn't do...Love it!!