Bass modules

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Bass modules

Post by FishnChips »

What soft/synths or VST's are you guys using for low end? At the moment I use the Trilogy Bass module and Reason. I really dig the Trilogy but it is sample based and is a large program (3 GB) and can be slow. Reason is OK, I use it mainly for accent bass notes, not my main lines. What about yous guys?
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

reason has plenty of sub bass options. PM me i have some tips and tricks for ya on that end.
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

Reason has Subtractor and Malstrom... nuff said... if that's not enough you have the NN-XT and Scream 4... main thing is to remember to forgo the "presets" and come up with your own unique sound... somtimes if you get stumped you can load up a preset that is similar to a sound you want and then tweak it from there...

there are some good tutorials out there for reason... holler if you need help finding them...
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

you should be looking into community based forums like these:

www.futureproducers.com

www.reasonfreaks.com

www.acidplanet.com

http://www.diplo.co.uk/music/reason.php - has some very useful links at the bottom!!!
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

Post by S. Chadwick »

^ agree :wink: