how much money do I need...

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

well here's what i bought and what i paid for:

AMD X2 4400+ - $500 [zalman quiet cpu heatsink/fan $65] GT $565
2Gb Corsair XMS 3200-LLPT - $300
Gigabyte mobo w/onboard graphics and onboard RAID5 - $100
Case - $65
QUIET 450watt power supply [so i can add a RAID array later]- $75
400Gb WD 7200rpm w/16mb cache SATA - $200
DVD+-RW - $40
Soundcard - $100
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$1545

this does not include cables or anything like that that you might end up needing if you don't already have it, like keyboard, mouse, monitor/lcd... THIS is a state of the art computer and no $800-1300 complete (read: dell, compaq, hp, mac...etc) system is going to come close to performing like this one does... so don't tell me i'm out of my mind...
Last edited by ßéñjåmmiñ on Feb 8 2006 07:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
JPExpress
Stanton
Stanton

Post by JPExpress »

Reason Sucks! I never realized how SHITTY it sounds until Fish showed me what it was like next to VST synths. No balls. I also hate the interface. It would be OK if you've got 2 monitors. I also hate the fact that it doesn't support audio files/editing and is for the most part all MIDI.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

Reason Sucks
not from where im sitting. :wink:
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

JPExpress wrote:Reason Sucks! I never realized how SHITTY it sounds until Fish showed me what it was like next to VST synths. No balls. I also hate the interface. It would be OK if you've got 2 monitors. I also hate the fact that it doesn't support audio files/editing and is for the most part all MIDI.
haha... you're obviously very opinionated about this... but don't even try and tell me it sucks when there are hundreds and hundreds of very good tracks which have been created soley with reason... like with ANY (decent) piece of software it's the nut behind the keyboard... hell fruity loops can sound as good as anything made in DP, PT, Logic, Cubase, Reason... etc etc... so long as the person behind the track knows what the hell they are doing... keep that "it sucks" BS to your damn self... You obviously haven't spent much time with it to be blurting out ignorant statements like that...
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

people who dont know shit usualy have opinions that one sided. like i stated before a combination of programs usually covers any production needs you have. As for reason making weak basslines. Your obviously not layering your sounds you make.
farace
Gemini
Gemini

Post by farace »

hahahahaha, reason sucks? that is such a stupid comment. the only thing that makes shitty music is the person. if you know what your doing, anything can sound as fat as you want it to. bahahahahaha.....
Well you're livin life without a care, are you livin enough, or are you scared
ThPranksta
Groupie
Groupie

Post by ThPranksta »

ThPranksta's sys

mac book intel duo 1.83 $1056
2 gig of ram $120
reason 3.0.5 academic $199
m-audio firewire 410 $299
m-audio axiom 25 midi controller $179
alesis m1 active 520 monitors $199