Keyboards

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Keyboards

Post by Capt-Sue »

What is everyone using? I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting one shortly after I safe up for turntables. Any recommendations?
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Re: Keyboards

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

Capt-Sue wrote:What is everyone using? I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting one shortly after I safe up for turntables. Any recommendations?
are you talking synthesizer or just a midi controller?
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

For Midi, I suggest Evolution MK249c.

rock.
Thanks for all the shoes.
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

dandmantra wrote:For Midi, I suggest Evolution MK249c.

rock.
it's a good choice for the money... but the korg microkontrol 49 and novation keyboards offer some very nice features for not much more money... IMO
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Re: Keyboards

Post by Capt-Sue »

ßéñjåmmiñ wrote:
Capt-Sue wrote:What is everyone using? I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting one shortly after I safe up for turntables. Any recommendations?
are you talking synthesizer or just a midi controller?
synthesizer
Re3wind
newskool
newskool

Post by Re3wind »

Now you are talking money... I would do softsynths and a midi controler. I have an Edirol pc-50 that I have to go get a stand for... Once I get that I will tell you what I think of it.
dandmantra wrote:PS. I think you're both asshats. carry on with your pissing match.
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

Re3wind wrote:Now you are talking money... I would do softsynths and a midi controler. I have an Edirol pc-50 that I have to go get a stand for... Once I get that I will tell you what I think of it.
let me know. how much does one of those cost?
poserBrian

Post by poserBrian »

has anyone had a chance to play around with the m-audio ozonic yet? i have been fantasizing about getting one and would like some feedback from anyone whose gotten hands on with one.

S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

has anyone had a chance to play around with the m-audio ozonic yet? i have been fantasizing about getting one and would like some feedback from anyone whose gotten hands on with one.
you mean adam wright doesnt have one? :lol:

i kid i kid.
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

I am partial to the Access Virus myself. It is by far one of the best sounding digital analog remodeling synths out there today. Incredibly warm tones for a digital synth. You can find the Virus A and B desktop models on ebay for 600-800 bucks. The desktop model doesn't have a keyboard so you would need a midi controller as well if you plan on playing the keys. Otherwise you could edit everything in.

I also like the Juno. You can't really go wrong with that classic and you can pick them up fairly cheap these days. The only problem with the Juno 60 is that it is not MIDI controllable so everything you play has to be recorded in as audio. The Juno 106 does have MIDI capabilities I believe.

I messed around with the Nord Lead 2 this weekend. You can get some pretty good sounds out of it, but they all seemed a little thin and tinny. It is a great synth to have as an addition to a studio, but I don't think I would want it as my only synth.
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

poserBrian wrote:has anyone had a chance to play around with the m-audio ozonic yet? i have been fantasizing about getting one and would like some feedback from anyone whose gotten hands on with one.

nope, not me. looks nice :)
Capt-Sue
Vestax
Vestax

Post by Capt-Sue »

FishnChips wrote:I am partial to the Access Virus myself. It is by far one of the best sounding digital analog remodeling synths out there today. Incredibly warm tones for a digital synth. You can find the Virus A and B desktop models on ebay for 600-800 bucks. The desktop model doesn't have a keyboard so you would need a midi controller as well if you plan on playing the keys. Otherwise you could edit everything in.

I also like the Juno. You can't really go wrong with that classic and you can pick them up fairly cheap these days. The only problem with the Juno 60 is that it is not MIDI controllable so everything you play has to be recorded in as audio. The Juno 106 does have MIDI capabilities I believe.

I messed around with the Nord Lead 2 this weekend. You can get some pretty good sounds out of it, but they all seemed a little thin and tinny. It is a great synth to have as an addition to a studio, but I don't think I would want it as my only synth.
Interesting read. I'll have to look into these.

Have you ever bought equipment through e-bay?
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

To date I haven't had any problems buying anything at all on ebay, from curtains to equipment. I have heard some bad stories though. You just really need to be sure that you are buying from a reputable dealer. I ususally try to buy from music stores or people with extremely high feedback ratings.
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
JPExpress
Stanton
Stanton

Post by JPExpress »

I have a friend who has bought super dope vintage analog synths through ebay- a Moog Prodigy and a Korg MS-20. Both mint!
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

poserBrian wrote:has anyone had a chance to play around with the m-audio ozonic yet? i have been fantasizing about getting one and would like some feedback from anyone whose gotten hands on with one.

if you're gonna spend that kind of money on a midi controller you are better off getting the korg microKontrol 49