ableton live 5 help

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
Grant Carlisle
Dj

ableton live 5 help

Post by Grant Carlisle »

ANYONE thats has got some free time, i'll buy the beer if someone wants to come over and give me a crash course. :D
CRAM
newskool
newskool

Post by CRAM »

I'm trying to learn it to, I've seen how to use it now I gotta get my ass using it.
hydra

Post by hydra »

if you're ever in south florida area i know it inside and out
CRAM
newskool
newskool

Post by CRAM »

sweet, If I run into any problems can I hit ya up for some help?
hydra

Post by hydra »

can prob help you hit up my aim: adamsinger927
M.J.5
Groupie
Groupie

Post by M.J.5 »

Let me know how Live works for you, I've heard it's similar to Logic and I've heard a few tracks done with it that kick ass. I'm considering getting spike or and Mbox fairly soon. I want to get spike because it comes with Live which is better for dance music production but the Mbox has Pro Tools LE which is a standard for a lot of studios.

Mike J
I got an idea, an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!@

Post by S. Chadwick »

i have seen pro tools at work and im not impressed with it. it seems like alot of shit you cant use or dont need foor edm. Its powerful and all that but everyone i know that has it cant use it correctly. Maybe it has a steep learning curve. go with the tried and true....REASON & Abelton rewired.
hydra

Post by hydra »

using ableton and reason rewired is like having a ferrari and dragging a geo metro behind it...

cut off the metro, and supercharge the ferrari (vst-synths)

reason = done
CRAM
newskool
newskool

Post by CRAM »

Anyone wanting to learn Live 5 take a look at this web site. I just ordered one its on the way.

www.askvideo.com
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

reason is a great sequencer. i love it. abelton is good for wave editing on the fly and the vst interface.
M.J.5
Groupie
Groupie

Post by M.J.5 »

Pro Tools is a steeper learning curve and it's better for tracking live instruments or vocals. It's really not all that its cut out to be there are a lot of other programs out there that do the same thing for a better price. However its the standard for a lot of studios and it's easier to transfer a session done in Pro Tools to another studio but I still wouldn't suggest Pro Tools for dance music production.

Mike J
I got an idea, an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.
Re3wind
newskool
newskool

Post by Re3wind »

hydra wrote:using ableton and reason rewired is like having a ferrari and dragging a geo metro behind it...

cut off the metro, and supercharge the ferrari (vst-synths)

reason = done
Hey I had a metro one time... the tranny fell out of the car at 65 mph on 295... that was no fun at all.

Don't forget that you can do all three at the same time...
dandmantra wrote:PS. I think you're both asshats. carry on with your pissing match.