starting from scratch

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

i think if you are going to be using software for sequencing you should pick up these 3 relatively inexpensive items:

behringer bcf2000

behringer bcr2000

korg microkontrol

all have gotten good reviews in CMmag...

your money would be well spend and you still have 6k+ left to spend on sounds/software...etc...
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
cj3
Groupie
Groupie

Post by cj3 »

i thought behrigher just made hardware like mixers and stuff.
Re3wind
newskool
newskool

Post by Re3wind »

Nope they have been in the software biz for about 1 year I think. Does anyone know how long for sure?
dandmantra wrote:PS. I think you're both asshats. carry on with your pissing match.
jeremy mcdonald

asdf

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

The newest version of Acid, 5.0 doesn't have that rendering problem that older versions had. The older versions only dampened the sound when converting a project to MP3 in my experince. The new Acid also has full midi(piano scroll),VST,directX,soft synth,Dolby 5.1, and a slew of other options.

The soundcard I will take the tasters choice anyday with this Audigy Platinum I have with any other soundcard out. It also supports soundfonts as well and has a firewire port. Of course keeping your options open is a good thing as well. If you have any questions PM me.
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Re: asdf

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

jeremy mcdonald wrote:The soundcard I will take the tasters choice anyday with this Audigy Platinum I have with any other soundcard out. It also supports soundfonts as well and has a firewire port. Of course keeping your options open is a good thing as well. If you have any questions PM me.
If you haven't already bought a soundcard you would be doing yourself a favor and getting yourself the SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro with the external break-out box...

just some of it's features

1. ZERO CPU load
2. 1ms Latency with ASIO drivers (even professional audio cards only go as low as 2ms)
3. Record up to 24bit/96khz
4. 116db signal-to-noise (try finding even a "professional" card that has that high of a snr)
5. Sample Rate Conversion engine that is 300 times more precise than the previous Sound Blaster solutions and can convert any audio to any resolution at near transparency with 136dB THD+N, providing you the freedom to record at your preferred resolution without concerning yourself with the final output quality. Sound Blaster X-Fi also supports digital-matched recordings in resolutions from 44.1kHz to 96kHz.
6. 24bit SoundFont support.

Soon they should be coming out with a motherboard that has this chip integrated so that you can have ZERO latency.
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
jeremy mcdonald

asdf

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

the Audigy & the Soundblaster are both made by Creative Labs. The Audigy is the next generation of that brand. I use to have a Soundblaster they are good cards for the money. Another interesting fact about Creative Labs, they also own Ensoniq I believe.