ACID OR SOUND FORGE?

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
J Swift
newskool
newskool

ACID OR SOUND FORGE?

Post by J Swift »

Anybody know if one is better than the other? I'm just looking to do a little mixing digitally instead of doing them on my techs just to mess around and try something different. Also i'm intrested in getting into mastering CD's. Would any of these programs be a good buy for someone just starting out and doing those things i described? I know there's some people on here that really know their shit so please hook a brotha up with some advice!!! Thanks :)
OhIt'sOnlyYou wrote:I get more entertained watching my own boobs jump up and down....
Dangermouse004
newskool
newskool

Post by Dangermouse004 »

I would reccomend Acid for the beatmapper alone.... Not a big fan of sound-forge honestly.... Check out the demo's and also look into PCDJ and Virtual DJ for making mixes....

Best of luck-
manus
Stanton
Stanton

Post by manus »

Use Acid to mix, then use Soundforge or Wavlab to master it.
J Swift
newskool
newskool

Post by J Swift »

Nice, thanks for the info guys. Another question though, do you guys usually record in 16 bit, or do you go higher?
OhIt'sOnlyYou wrote:I get more entertained watching my own boobs jump up and down....
J Swift
newskool
newskool

Post by J Swift »

Just downloaded the demo version for acid pro 5 and tried mixing a couple of tracks together. Man getting those mixes to sound as tight as i do on my tables is a bitch!! Are there any EQ controls on this thing? Guess I'll just have to keep working at it. Anybody have any other suggestions for programs you can use to mix tracks?
4james2S.0
Stanton
Stanton

Post by 4james2S.0 »

reason 3.0 or Logic 7.0 But those are the only 2 programs I've ever used.... and Logic is the high dollar
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=JamesDupree
Mr.CASH wrote:i<3 me too,we should go bowling:P
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

the key to mixing 2 trax together is the beatmapper. if its not properly mapped you will have some serious issues. also, look into the automated features like the eq. you can then simulate the eqing you do as a dj and give it the feel your looking for in the mix (smooth).
4james2S.0
Stanton
Stanton

Re: !!!!!!

Post by 4james2S.0 »

S. Chadwick wrote:the key to mixing 2 trax together is the beatmapper. if its not properly mapped you will have some serious issues. also, look into the automated features like the eq. you can then simulate the eqing you do as a dj and give it the feel your looking for in the mix (smooth).

automation is difficult for me to get the hang of....(I'm a deffinate Noob to the production thing)
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=JamesDupree
Mr.CASH wrote:i<3 me too,we should go bowling:P
J Swift
newskool
newskool

Re: !!!!!!

Post by J Swift »

S. Chadwick wrote:the key to mixing 2 trax together is the beatmapper. if its not properly mapped you will have some serious issues. also, look into the automated features like the eq. you can then simulate the eqing you do as a dj and give it the feel your looking for in the mix (smooth).
Yea i think thats where i went wrong is with the beatmapper because when i lined up the tracks as perfect as i could it would still go out of phase like every 8 beats. Thanks for the info man, every little bit helps. 8)
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!!!!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

in acis anything with the 3 lil prongs on it can be automated. the eq , resonate filter are ones you will most likey use alot. when your looking at the sequncer and your looking at the track you want to eq the bass out of click the lil three prong thing. you will see the eq then look to your right and you will see a tab that says automation. click band 1 that is the bass. go back to the sequencer and you will see a brown line on the track fiddle with it till you get the bass faded out exaxctly how you would in a smooth mix.

also always beatmap the whole track. from beg to end.
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

acid beatmapper
jeremy mcdonald

Post by jeremy mcdonald »

I use them both, I use Sound FOrge to do editing and Acid 5 to do sequencing. The Dolby 5.1 in Acid 5 is the sickest.