What vsti's for what jobs?

Discussions about music gear: hardware/software, Tips/Tricks, Questions, How Tos, and advice ...
Mastering/Recording/Mixing...
Scratching
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

What vsti's for what jobs?

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

So what are your favorites for certain tasks...

mine:

z3ta + Vangaurd + Junglist -4- pads

Hydra + Vangaurd + Korg Legacy Collection -4- synths

Bass Station + z3ta + Junglist + plastic.cz -4- Bass + Bass Synths

Slayer2 + Waves -4- effects/mixdown effects
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!
Dangermouse004
newskool
newskool

Post by Dangermouse004 »

Synapse Junglist is sick.... The Scorpion and The Beast are incredible....

Thanks again for the link ßéñjåmmiñ!!
damon noyes
newskool
newskool

Post by damon noyes »

Been using native instruments reaktor for everything lately as far as sound creation & synthesis goes.For my drum parts im using battery 2.0-this program is from the gods and its more than just a drum sampler.as for my sampling im using emagic exs24-it loads akai sample cds as smooth as butter and also been using kontakt 2.0 as well-this one is ace as far as modulation routing and setting up keyzones.
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

groove agent 4 24bit drums, Absynth 3.0 for pads, Novation V-Station for Reece's, junglist here and there for bass hits and pads, z3ta virus for stabs, and korg triton for general use, waves gear for post production. ..
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

reason reason reason...
damon noyes
newskool
newskool

Post by damon noyes »

blahh.........
S. Chadwick
Florida Gator

!!!!!

Post by S. Chadwick »

hey just being honest. :lol:
damon noyes
newskool
newskool

Post by damon noyes »

i wasnt really blasting reason.......its a wonderful sequencer..just wish the algorithms were a tad bit more (better)...it seems to have that milky 2 deminsional sound to it no matter what you do......and i swear a million others will agree-but a million others will disagree---im totally against refills because the sound quality of them seems to be poor most of the time.......(and its all about making your own sound-or not?you could get a refill packer and make your own high quality refills with a seperate synth-the mixer in reason seems to degrade the sound after mixing down the whole track..loose about 4-5 bits-thats not good because you want what you made after all the hard work -post production-there is a work around by using rewire and bypassing the reason mixer and mixing down into logic or cubase-malstrum and subtractor.....some people swear by these......my opinion is they sound cold & thin as hell and you hear them a mile away-i will say i love the nn19 and wait for the day that a vst version will be made......