Sin is the Garbage...

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Sin is the Garbage...

Post by Jason_Arclo »

Often times we as people let our minds get corupted with junk, we stray of on paths that we know we shouldn't go down because the tempetation of sin is great. If your a Christian then you know that the garbage must be taken out on a daily basis. Sin is what seperates us from God and the wages of sin is death. I don't think there is a such thing as a better or worse sinner, just like there is no such thing as better or worse spiritualist. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. However, dealing with sin is how we grow in our Christian faith. Some people are good at repenting, some people are good at stearing clear, while others are good at hideing it. I know for myself that repentance is a self inflicted decesion. I know that if continue down the path of sin, what ever in may be, selfishness being the root of all evil, then I will not make it to heaven. Yes, we are saved by grace and Jesus died on the cross so that we would be forgiven of our sins, but that dosen't mean you can just go on sinning. You can't think that your just going to be some psyco path and believe that you are going to carry on after you die. If anyone who knows there sin and continues in it, there is no scarafice left. So know it's time to take out the trash, aka repent. Is there something that you think that you need to repent of. Maby falsehood, maby lieing, maby sexualimorality. For me I know I have been acting very selfish and ego centric. The world dose not revolve around me. Today I am making a very serious decesion to be a better Christian all around, yes I have a mental disability; that dosen't give me the right to be a horrible sinner. There are plenty of people with my illness who live perfectly normal lives. I'm not really sure what normal is anymore so I'm just going to make a decesion to be a prayer warrior, and stop makeing excuses. There is more rejoceing in heaven over one sinner who repents than 1000 righteous people who donot need to repent, or something like that. Peace be with U...
Sew In Tears, Reap In Cheers
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen you write. It's really good to see man. Seriously inspiring. This, right here, is proof of the power of God. Please, keep moving forward with this.

Do a search on the Didache. Read the history of it and embrace the strength in it's brevity.

Last night, I went to a presentation of the Kursk Root Icon (the Mother of God). It's got a really wonderful story behind it. This particular icon has worked some serious miracles in it's 715 years. Right now, it's making its way through Florida. You should definitely try and see it. You will thank yourself for doing so.
Thanks for all the shoes.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

thats alot of really good information... now if only we could get the cathlic chuch to weigh in...
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Yeah, that's a tough one man. The East and West have been divided for quite a long time (search "Great Schism"). The Didache wasn't recognized as a canonical book by the Counsel of Hippo, mostly because it was a condensed version of the new testament used as a teaching tool by the Apostles. It's kinda like an "Idiots Guide to Christianity" lol. Which is fine for us (Eastern Orthodox) because in our opinion, the Bible is a LIVING DOCUMENT. When all is said and done, we could perfectly accept a new book of the Bible if one were found and it were agreed upon, by counsel, to be worthy of induction. The thing to remember here, is that the Bible is DIVINELY INSPIRED, HUMANLY TRANSLATED. The Apostle John, himself, said that if all of the things Jesus said and did were recorded that there wouldn't be enough room on Earth to hold the volumes. So, why would we limit ourselves to written word when it comes to Faith. If you look at the first three versus of Paul's letter to the Romans (Romans), you gather that your claim to faith doesn't make you a MORE PURE MAN than someone who has never heard of Jesus Christ. This is something that is lost with many "Christians" today (Catholics, Baptists, Orthodox, etc). If we were to believe that the words in the Bible are to be taken COMPLETELY LITERALLY, then the first thing we should do is embrace people with NO FAITH and PURE HEARTS. Not ONE PERSON is guaranteed a VIP PASS in heaven. I don't care who it is. The book of Matthew 7:21 says this. Just because you claim to know God, doesn't mean you're going to heaven. But, rather, what song your life sings. Well, then, maybe it's not just God's opinion of you but also the people around you. If everyone around you believes that you are pure of heart and giving and kind, then perhaps you've done your part. Some of the things that I've said here could be considered fairly controversial, true. However, it doesn't really matter what church you belong to in the Christian Faith, the motives should be the same. There are more than 1500 different denominations of Christianity in the United States. These all stem from the Orthodox/Catholic faiths just as all men of faith stem from Abraham. We are called to take care of each other and trust in God. Now, if only we could get EVERYONE to weigh in...
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

I want to tell you that NOTHING makes YOU any different that the Apostle John or Saint Peter. You have the same blood running through your veins and the same heart pushing the blood to your brain. They were both human beings, average, ordinary. All of the Saints and Apostles were born with the same body and ability that you have. There's nothing stopping you from being GREAT for GOD. Just remember that GOD is GREAT. So, the only way to do something GREAT is to let Him work through you. Being an instrument for humanity is not a bad thing. Nothing compares to the feeling. I only wish that I'd let myself be that person ALL OF THE TIME.

I need to let go. So do you.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

with the interent.. I don't see why the pope couldnt just summon a call to all denominations to unite under one web site..
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

The Pope is not my gateway to heaven.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

mine either, I see him more like an icon that should be valued in decesion making of the church as a whole.. if everyone runs in there own direction it's like too many cheifs and not enough indians... christiany today- it's come alongway..
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

The Pope is just one piece of the puzzle. Much like a true democracy, decisions should be made by Counsel, much like the way that the Bible came to be.

Sounds to me like you should do more research on Eastern Orthodox Christianity. It's a lot like Catholicism, but without all of the guilt. ;)
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

http://www.madebywhite.com/blog/wp-cont ... ls_big.jpg

httP://alphasigmasoul.angelfire.com

do you see a resemblance?

and if I clain to be a wise man that means I surely don't know...