The Age of Reason

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

The Age of Reason

Post by Jason_Arclo »

The Age of Reason

I contimplate weather or not this is even worth the effort,
I want my life to serve as a reminder of sucess,
I've fallen so short of my expectations,
What must I do to complete this journey into reason,
Where there's a will, there's a way,
And believe me I have a strong will to repent,
I have an even stronger will to serve Christ,
Not directly as a slave but indirectly as a son of the father,
Heaven is the prize and I have my sites set on that prize,
Right now, what I need most is friends,
People who can remind me of how joyful life can really be,
I'm so blessed to be an American,
I'm so blessed to have family,
And now if you ask me why I ask why,
I'll say that everyone has a reason to live,
And mine is to serve God with all my heart,
Putting to death the sinfull nature that lives in me,
And waking up to realize that I can be sucessful.
Sew In Tears, Reap In Cheers
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

< succès fou successful >

suc·cess audio (sk-ss) KEY

NOUN:

1. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted: attributed their success in business to hard work.
1. The gaining of fame or prosperity: an artist spoiled by success.
2. The extent of such gain.
3. One that is successful: The plan was a success.
4. Obsolete A result or an outcome.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

ok so like that theandros is a little out dated.. but if anyone wants to comment on it that would be some very interesting conversation...
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Are you an Orthodox Christian?
Thanks for all the shoes.
LeLe
newskool
newskool

Post by LeLe »

That is the definition of success.

To me it is simply happiness.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

no I'm not an orthodox christian, I'd say more of a hippocrate but I'm trying to change that....
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Don't call yourself a hypocrite if you are trying your best. We all make mistakes.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

well facts are facts, and I tend to go outside the lines when it comes to my pilsophical understanding, if I don't practice what I preach I am renderd a resounding gong... and I am least to say out of practice.. you know what really erks me there's this guy on the radio who says that the church is armed under the authourty of satan and it's the end of the church age.. so I haven't been to church in about a year but isn't there a scripture that says donot give up meeting together as some are in the habbit of doing. I guess we're just gonna have to break bread in our own homes and have more parties so that we have a social network to have fun with .. I dunno my answer to that guy is that if the church is armed under the authority of satan then why listen to him... I think he's bluffing...
Last edited by Jason_Arclo on Dec 21 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

You're listening to the wrong radio station.

For your information, there are about 28,000 different denominations of Christianity that have branched off from the Orthodox church.

Go to Church for the experience and the interaction with other people who are like minded, in faith. Go to Church because of the unique opportunity to find divine inspiration that you otherwise wouldn't find on your own.

I've heard plenty of people say things like "church isn't a building" or "My body is my temple". Well OK, while this is true..

we are influenced and become like the people we associate with. There are three spiritual pillars to have a strong Christian life:
personal prayer, Bible study and fellow believers.
To rely on less than all three is like trying to sit on a one or two-legged stool. Three legs are needed for a firm foundation and proper function.
(Hebrews 10:24-25).

Christians can be seen to be hypocrites more easily than someone who does not profess any beliefs because Christian standards are layed out in the Bible. Other people don't have these kinds of rules or rather guidelines. So, they chalk everything up to human error instead of calling it a sin. The bottom line is that all humans are hypocrites because we all fail to consistently live up to any standards of behavior that are defined. The difference is that Jesus forgives the hypocrisy of believers and has sent His Holy Spirit to guide and transform those who know Him as Savior and confess the He is Lord (Romans 10:9-10).

So, I urge you to be a part of society and find acceptance in a church where you feel comfortable. It just might be exactly what you need to feel this "success" that you speak of. ;)
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

And, to add, if you're looking for a book besides the Bible to read check out "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. It's a book about the Holy Spirit and church. It may help your perspective.
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

well what turned me off to church to begin with is number one rage angist the machine "killing in the name of" number 2 talking about problems and never reasearing solutions, and number 3 false hood amongst believers aka gosip that leads to a babylon like atmosphere,all I've been doning for the past 10 years is trying to establish my self a theological revolutionarey however the resistance from behind has been on hell of a lot of discord.. yea the way I went about it was totally wrong aka declaring scam on my favorite preacher hoever I was trying to create plausable deniability for anyone who didn't want to continue down that rabbit hole.. and I think that path got cut off just a little too soon...
Last edited by Jason_Arclo on Dec 30 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

In the end, we're supposed to do our best to adhere to God's will. Do you think that your actions, while trying to be a "revolutionary", are in accordance with that? Don't you think that you'd be better served to be a revolutionary for a revolution that ALREADY EXISTS? Being a Christian in today's world, in itself, is a REVOLUTION. Creating mass disturbance in your church doesn't do anything but keep people from doing what we're called to do... BY GOD. We are supposed to go out to the furthest reaches of the Earth to share the word of God. You'll find this in the book of Mark, versus 15 thru 18. In this, you can take the meaning in different ways. You don't have to hop on a plane to Africa, to reach out. But, the church is there TO HELP YOU.

Rage Against the Machine is a great band, but I'd dare not let the lyrics of a song have such a bold impact on my life. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure you know I'm not stupid. You got a kick out of mentioning the band and the song. So, now that you got it out of your system, let's keep having a real conversation about this. You want answers and possible direction, I'm here to try and help.

Gossip destroys lives and families. You hit the nail on the head. I recall what my priest said in one of our Wed Bible Studies about gossip...

Imagine that you have a child and you put the child in little league baseball. One night during a game, you hear some of the other parents talking about your child (saying some pretty nasty things). This would likely upset you, piss you off, make you angry, make you sad; there are a lot of emotions you would go through. This is how God feels about ALL of his children. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged".
Matthew 7:1

You notice that I keep adding passages from the Bible? That's by design, my friend. Take some time, grab a bible, and read these passages. All of them combined may be the answer to your problems. You're not gonna find this in any Beastie Boys Album Jacket. Being cool, is cool. But, it's over when you're cold.

I understand your desire to be something more than what is in your skin. It could very well be that your fantasies are keeping you from having a genuine relationship with the God that you love. So, let em go dude. Stop wanting those things. The less you want, the more you get.

I hope this helps.
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Also, I want to say that if you've experienced the Gossip that goes on in Church and it turned you off, made you stop going.. consider the fact that maybe that's why the church needs you. Just because it is supposed to be a gathering of like minded individuals who have faith in God, doesn't mean that they don't have human tendencies. Many people often get so comfortable with church that they seem to blend church and home together. Well, church isn't supposed to be a "comfortable" place. It's supposed to disturb you. Church is supposed to awaken emotions in you. No gain comes without sacrifice. Maybe you should gently remind them that "the words of gossip are choice morsels that go down to a man's inmost parts" Proverbs 18:8

You become what you produce. You produce what you've become. Ask forgiveness.
LeLe
newskool
newskool

Post by LeLe »

Thank you Dan.