New and wanna talk about the music

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
enerGgirl
eNation crew
eNation crew

New and wanna talk about the music

Post by enerGgirl »

I am somewhat new to the EDM community, but I am learning fast. My favorite genre so far that I have heard is Garage. I understand it was a short lived fad in the US but may still be happening in th UK.

:?: Why do think it's not around here anymore? It's so chill, funky and danceable:!:

If you know of any good Garage that I can find, let me know.
~G.
"THE REVOLUTION WILL BE BROADCAST"
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Wow.. Garage.. That's a tough one. You don't hear too much of it ANYWHERE these days. It's not even that big overseas. Much like anything else, it had it's day in the sun. There are still elements of the sound here and there. I can't really say that I've heard any abundance of it in YEARS.
Thanks for all the shoes.
LeLe
newskool
newskool

Re: New and wanna talk about the music

Post by LeLe »

enerGgirl wrote:I am somewhat new to the EDM community, but I am learning fast. My favorite genre so far that I have heard is Garage. I understand it was a short lived fad in the US but may still be happening in th UK.

:?: Why do think it's not around here anymore? It's so chill, funky and danceable:!:

If you know of any good Garage that I can find, let me know.
hmmm... very interesting that you know about Garage being... "new to the EDM community". but that is Cool!
8)
Jason_Arclo
Banned

Post by Jason_Arclo »

Hy G girl welcome to enation... you'll find that I am an old nuckel head and I don't really know much, however I love to dance... I live in down town stpete so if you ever want to meet up and go dance I've been going down to Tamami to dance it's free cover, 18 an up and right around the corrner from williams park and cc...

ps " broadcast'ed' "
Sew In Tears, Reap In Cheers
enerGgirl
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by enerGgirl »

Yes, I realize that being new and knowing about Garage prbably seems strange, but I am being taught by the master :D . I also realize it's not around much - does anyone know of any that I could find somwewhere to buy? Would I find it on the internet or in a record store?? I just want some - I love it!
~G.
"THE REVOLUTION WILL BE BROADCAST"
LeLe
newskool
newskool

Post by LeLe »

Jealous!
I want to be taught by "the master” :wink:
enation.org
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enation.org »

LeLe wrote:Jealous!
I want to be taught by "the master” :wink:
Its not all that its cracked up to be. :lol:
Wednesdays 7-10PM
http://www.enation.fm
"In Old Skool We Trust"
allmightyone420
Promoter

Post by allmightyone420 »

Garage was pretty chill a few years back. I think I might still have a few records I ordered from Hard to Find in the UK.

http://www.htfr.com/

More than likely the best selection of music online...and the shipping isn't bad even though it is overseas.
Adikt wrote:aside from that its all Techno hahaha...damn fist pumpers :lol:
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

The Artful Dodger used to rock it back in the day.
Thanks for all the shoes.
deepfriedtwinkie
Gemini
Gemini

Post by deepfriedtwinkie »

enerGgirl wrote:Yes, I realize that being new and knowing about Garage prbably seems strange, but I am being taught by the master :D . I also realize it's not around much - does anyone know of any that I could find somwewhere to buy? Would I find it on the internet or in a record store?? I just want some - I love it!

girl--that is my SHIT! i spin old school uk garage--- and i def agree that htfr has a selection...i also must recommend discogs for good stuff...although you need a paypal and most of it is going to be very expensive. (out of print/rare/in the UK)

seriously. i just spent a bill on 5 records. 8O

i haven't heard much new garage, closest you'll find these days is bassline house...it's close.

"newest" garage track i have is on an om comp

WHITE COLLAR CRIMINALS
A BRIGHTER LIFE

check it
....god i love high hats

i make a mix!

ps who is this master????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvfM31ImB3E
deepfriedtwinkie
Gemini
Gemini

Post by deepfriedtwinkie »

djtylerdurden
newskool
newskool

Post by djtylerdurden »

GARAGE - LOL . .. . . .aFCO AND I PLAYED A 4 TABLE HARDHOUSE GARAGE SET BACK IN 90'S WHEN IT WAS STILL NEW AROUND HERE AND WE CLEARED THE FLOOR with it - BUT THEIR WAS THIS ONE GUY, A PROMOTER FROM CHICAGO THAT WAS THEIR IN CROWD AND HE SAYED IT WAS THE SICKEST THING HE EAVER HEARD . . . LATER BOOKED US TO PLAY -

may have a mix or 2 recorded on tape i could post for you. . . .I love all styles of electronic music. . .call it what u want, market it in which ever way is clever but at the end of the day if its danceable and funky . .. im thrown it!!!
"A minute of perfection was worth the effort!"

Buy VINYL, CD, MP3, WAV from this artist @
www.TrueSkoolMusic.com