"Race Barriers" and Obama...

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
Goofy
Gemini
Gemini

"Race Barriers" and Obama...

Post by Goofy »

as ironically as it may seem the new prezs nick name is barry... what are some barriers that you would like to see fall... hes the first black prez so thats a big one but maby the ratio of blacks vs whites in the prision system that would be a "race" barrier if thats what you want to call it that I'd like to see fall. not that there should even be a shuch thing as race or that more whites should be in prison but that the entire system needs to be overhauled from the inside out... think about it...
God is Sleeping and the Devil is Not Home.
8 Ohm
Gemini
Gemini

Post by 8 Ohm »

Minus the drug offenders & wrongfully accused.. Wouldn't you think that everybody in the prison system prettymuch deserves to be there??? The only way to lower that # would be to make people be nice.
Goofy
Gemini
Gemini

Post by Goofy »

and the only way to make the people nice is through better "education" it all works together... but needs a good kick is the arse to work right....
TOY CRUSHER
Gemini
Gemini

Post by TOY CRUSHER »

8 Ohm wrote:Minus the drug offenders & wrongfully accused.. Wouldn't you think that everybody in the prison system prettymuch deserves to be there??? The only way to lower that # would be to make people be nice.
i can't say i agree with that. we tend to want to put everybody in jail instead of figuring out what the cause is of the behavior that put them in a situation to commit a crime. people rob people for a reason. and besides being "mentally ill", people kill people for a reason. putting people in jail instead of actually helping them has OBVIOUSLY not worked, since the jails stay full and the mad houses stay empty.
Goofy
Gemini
Gemini

Post by Goofy »

well as far as the "mad houses" staying empty you've got to take the 504's case by case. I have first hand experience with the 504, the people who are truely disabled for one reason or the other especially becasue this is florida can get help you just have to know the right channals to go through. Boley Centers for Behaviorial Health is what I use. It's like boot camp for the mentally ill. ANd it works, but not for everybody....
TOY CRUSHER
Gemini
Gemini

Post by TOY CRUSHER »

well, that's part of my point: nothing works for everybody. human nature isn't objective. that's like saying all Christians are overzealous, war-loving, pro-lifers. or like saying all Atheists hate "God". you can't expect the same remedies to work for every human being. it's just ridiculous.
JPExpress
Stanton
Stanton

Post by JPExpress »

TOY CRUSHER wrote:well, that's part of my point: nothing works for everybody. human nature isn't objective. that's like saying all Christians are overzealous, war-loving, pro-lifers. or like saying all Atheists hate "God". you can't expect the same remedies to work for every human being. it's just ridiculous.
Atheists can't hate a God they don't believe exists!
TOY CRUSHER
Gemini
Gemini

Post by TOY CRUSHER »

JPExpress wrote: Atheists can't hate a God they don't believe exists!
you're missing the point. :lol:

but, you're right. maybe i should have said: "that's like saying all Atheists are militant assholes."