What is the last Album you bought or listening to right now?

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
xXUsualSuspectXx
newskool
newskool

What is the last Album you bought or listening to right now?

Post by xXUsualSuspectXx »

Just curious what people listen to on this board. AS for me, I recently picked up:

Jean Grae: This Week
Jean Grae: The Bootleg of the Bootleg EP
DangerMouse: Ghetto Pop
The Roots: The Tipping point

Any of you guys picked up the new De La Soul? The New Talib Kweli or Mos Def??? I've heard mixed things about both cd's. Yo, also, where's a good place to shop for hip-hop around Tampa or anywhere in Florida? So far, I bearly find stuff at Best Buy or SEnsuous Sound. Tell me what you think. Peace
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
buddacupz
Gemini
Gemini

Post by buddacupz »

geesh couldn't tell you what the last cd I purchased, but I could tell you the last cd that I dl'd off the internet.. It was Avril Lavigne's new one, and it's pretty good..

and no people, I didn't do it illegal, I pay for it yearly..
Ashes to Ashes Dust-to-Dust, Life is short so Party We must!
tmas

Post by tmas »

De La's "The Grind Date" is my favorite album right now. Another solid release from the plugs.
Erace
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Erace »

Jus picked up to the new Dizzee Rascal-Showtime Cd. Been listening that and the SS&Grooverders mixs they threw down last monday@Torque. SHow was insane check da mix's and photots.

Photo slideshow http://tinyurl.com/5j86x

Grooverider video http://tinyurl.com/4l84y 1 min

SS mix http://tinyurl.com/45f68 82 min

Grooverider mix http://tinyurl.com/5voy9 66 min
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

Sage Francis - Personal Journal
Talib Kweli- The Beautiful Struggle
De La - The Grind Date
Nas- The lost tapes
Madlib- Shades of Blue

I am lovin all five of these albums esp. the De La one!
xXUsualSuspectXx
newskool
newskool

Brother Ali: Shadows of the Sun
Jay-Z and Dangermouse: The Grey Album
S.O.S: Mr. SOS
Babbletron; Mechanical Royalty
Gift of Gab: 4th Dimension Rocketships

Man, I guess I might have to pick up the De La Soul cd if everyone is listening to it. But I've been listening to Gift of Gab alot and he might be one of my favorite MC's out now. Have you guys heard of "Handsome Boy Modeling School: White People?" Its Dan the Automator and Prince Paul. Its got a lot of cool guest MC's on this album, might be interesting to check out. Whats you guys opinion on the new eminem cd? I heard it once through, wasn't feeling it too much. I might have to listen to it again.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

There is soo much shit that i want to get its not even funny... Jedi Mind Tricks, Outerspace, Virtuoso, Rascoe(re-release) MF Doom , Hieroglyphics, EDO.G & Pete Rock, Camp Lo, Boot Camp Click, Tek(S-N-W), Architect, the list can go on and on... and yes ur right Handsome Boy Modeling School is damn good also! :)
xXUsualSuspectXx
newskool
newskool

Where did you get a copy of Handsome Boy Modeling School? I haven't started looking for it yet.
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

xXUsualSuspectXx
newskool
newskool

Cool, I'll check that out. lol, Seems like an obvious name for the website :wink:
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

xXUsualSuspectXx wrote:Cool, I'll check that out. lol, Seems like an obvious name for the website :wink:
hahahaha i thought so too... :D
buts they got good shit on thur fo sho!
manny is the man
newskool
newskool

Post by manny is the man »

DJ
title: THE DARK SIDE OF THE LIGHT.
This guy is really good.
I was at unf yesterday and he tore the whole seen.
he was there at a poetic open mic night and everything there sucked until he came on.
he also was telling us about his show ultimate choice on the WB on sunday @ 11am.
I also checked out the shows website and he created the opening theme for the show. there is file on the site for people who want to here it.

http://www.uccarolina.com/

it is under UC carolina cast.
His other website is http://www.lynkitup.com
DJ Says Jesus Loves You!
Erace
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Erace »

I jus coped the new Nas and Dizzee Rascal cd's! Both solid pickups, but the the new double Nas Cd is some off his best work yet.
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

i need to buy some new music... i jus got on vinyl bush babees and mos def " the love song" but as of new shit, nothin really... but its my bday so u betta believe someone is goin shoppin!!!! 8)
Erace
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Erace »

Stardust wrote:i need to buy some new music... i jus got on vinyl bush babees and mos def " the love song" but as of new shit, nothin really... but its my bday so u betta believe someone is goin shoppin!!!! 8)
Yeah, i heard the new Mighty Mos, i gottah cop it this paycheck!