Simons (The Rebirth)

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

ezika22
I popped my cherry!
I popped my cherry!

Simons (The Rebirth)

Post by ezika22 »

Hey everyone,

My name is Erik Zika and I am the new owner of Simons with the whole new remodel and everything else we have done. Simon Semrani is my friend and I actually re-opened the club in 2002 with my partners George and Mike. The reason why I am posting today is to 1) Let everyone know we are back open and ready to party 2) I want to bring back old school shows that made the original Simons of the 1990s the mogul that it was during its historic run.

In order to do this, I need to be re-introduced with any old dj's, promoters, in the scene that can help me achieve this goal. I want throw 1-2 shows a month and to really get back the vibe that we all once felt over a decade ago. Simons and Plasma are now combined to form one club and the capacity is 858 which is very high for today's tough codes and standards provided by the city of Gainesville and Florida's building code.

The new sound and lighting is amazing and it would be amazing to get back some of that classic feel. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to help/get involved, please email me [email protected]. Thank you everyone for your time and continued posts about the night club!!!