What the Fuck is up Gainesville?

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

josh wickham
Florida Gator

What the Fuck is up Gainesville?

Post by josh wickham »

Really....NO massive's since my skatepark parties??

I thought somebody would have done something by now...Someone toldme about a warehouse where parties can be thrown but hasn't gotten back to me so I can blow that shit up for you guys...

Been focused on alot of other shit myself...getting my car right, working and planning on moving at some point. Guess the only 'parties' are at clubs and houses... ghey

-Josh
Grant Carlisle
Dj

Post by Grant Carlisle »

Yeah, I think planning a proper party is in order... :D
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

Besides WMC & Ultra, Florida = gay LOL

Rave every week here in Texas!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

lol...i certainly havnt been bored. and ive certainly been to some big parties since the skatepark closed. no one cares to post them here anymore. reasons have been given. eh. over it. i drop some info now & then but most things i dont post here. other people seem to be finding the parties pretty well from what ive seen lol...basscamp tonight, pool party tomorrow, bambu is playing with mount kimbie monday in tally, twitch tuesday, courtney & um hold down weekends at zuzu, rx next saturday, pretty lights & rjd2 4 days later...i mean its no Austin or Miami but thats pure numbers man. we could always use more parties tho heard :lol: :D
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

Adikt wrote:lol...i certainly havnt been bored. and ive certainly been to some big parties since the skatepark closed. no one cares to post them here anymore. reasons have been given. eh. over it. i drop some info now & then but most things i dont post here. other people seem to be finding the parties pretty well from what ive seen lol...basscamp tonight, pool party tomorrow, bambu is playing with mount kimbie monday in tally, twitch tuesday, courtney & um hold down weekends at zuzu, rx next saturday, pretty lights & rjd2 4 days later...i mean its no Austin or Miami but thats pure numbers man. we could always use more parties tho heard :lol: :D

Meh, cpl scattered in good shows, maybe, but with horrible turnouts, (i keep in touch, I know) Just sayin bro, mofos ravin out here!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

i mean its no Austin or Miami but thats pure numbers man.

im just sayin man. is the sole purpose of this board now to discuss how other town have better parties? seem a bit pointless doesnt it? :wink:
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

Adikt wrote:

im just sayin man. is the sole purpose of this board now to discuss how other town have better parties? seem a bit pointless doesnt it? :wink:

Not really, cause you and I have had this banter now for years, just cause Im not in Gvegas dont mean Im gonna stop, lol. Besides if you guys know theres better parties elsewhere, you might throw some yourselves!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

of course there are better parties elsewhere. but there is a difference between being happy there are parties everywhere & consistently shitting on one small town for being subpar compared with massive metros. eh. over it. i remember just last semester i opened for a sold out 900 person show here in town. and next week im going to see one of the biggest edm festival names in the country right now for FREE. soooo...yeah for a town our size seems pretty good...a couple years behind on average but good. that is if you dont compare everything to "the old simons days" lol
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

meh, Gvegas sucks ass !!! 8)
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Moss wrote:
Adikt wrote:

Not really, cause you and I have had this banter now for years, just cause Im not in Gvegas dont mean Im gonna stop, lol. Besides if you guys know theres better parties elsewhere, you might throw some yourselves!!
Did it...

:) There's still some good times to be had but its few and (too) far between. I look forward to the day that Gainesville has grown and underground warehouse parties are a regular thing (Or I would hope at least)...You know the good kind; fire marshall's worst nightmare kinda events... hehehe, yes!
james danvers
I popped my cherry!
I popped my cherry!

Post by james danvers »

No Josh, the good times have allready been gobbled up ( literally )
Unfortunately those of us who have been in town since the late 80's wil ALWAYS use the old skool days as a measuring stick
You cant polish a turd
Michael Heaven
newskool
newskool

Re:

Post by Michael Heaven »

james danvers wrote:Unfortunately those of us who have been in town since the late 80's wil ALWAYS use the old skool days as a measuring stick
This^!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

surely gainesville in the early 90s was boring if you use haight-ashbury as your measurement ;)

sorry james i just dont see what the old school days have to do with today. different people. different sounds. different laws. different parties. measuring everything is boring when you can operate outside the common units. there were some great times & there will be some great times. trying to recapture old flags will only result in bad flashbacks. as aesop rock says: "i play it smart & recognize the summer times past"...there is so much music today...some of it better & some worse but why keep doing the same thing for 20 years when you can do hundreds of different things in that same timespan?

moss is gettin on that Wonky train out in Texas so i know he knows what im talking about...you can always pay your respects to the old school but remember the old school was innovative & original at one point...so isnt the best way to pay respects to continue to be innovative & original tomorrow?
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

Adikt wrote:surely gainesville in the early 90s was boring if you use haight-ashbury as your measurement ;)

sorry james i just dont see what the old school days have to do with today. different people. different sounds. different laws. different parties. measuring everything is boring when you can operate outside the common units. there were some great times & there will be some great times. trying to recapture old flags will only result in bad flashbacks. as aesop rock says: "i play it smart & recognize the summer times past"...there is so much music today...some of it better & some worse but why keep doing the same thing for 20 years when you can do hundreds of different things in that same timespan?

moss is gettin on that Wonky train out in Texas so i know he knows what im talking about...you can always pay your respects to the old school but remember the old school was innovative & original at one point...so isnt the best way to pay respects to continue to be innovative & original tomorrow?

I think this is prob the best way youve ever worded your opinion on the matter!!
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

I HAVE A SPLEEN!!
Thanks for all the shoes.