The Death of Enation

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

Moss
Una Bomber

The Death of Enation

Post by Moss »

Sucks, that this used to be a place to find insiteful information about music and upcoming artists, as well as a great networking tool for us Florida cats. Its so upsetting that, it has been reduced to everyone talkin shit about everyone else and their music, so sad!!! Lots of good times and memorable topics, but def not on my list of cool forums to visit anymore. I know this has been going on for the last few years, but i was holding on for the fact that it could get better. Well it hasnt and granted shows still get posted on here, well no one cares anymore. So,Peace out enation, im out!!
Michael Heaven
newskool
newskool

Re:

Post by Michael Heaven »

Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

I know but thats how i feel 8)
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

lol @ the scrooge picture. thats perfect. but i feel scrooge-like too when i come on enation lol...there is SO MUCH going on locally & unless its a friend of a friend or Fogg associated(merely because he most often fits the very few genres happily accepted here) it just doesnt get posted & when it does its hated on by everyone here. thats why the following events are not posted here:

headliners:
Aoki
Skrillex
12th Planet
Blockhead & Emancipator
Excision & Downlink
6Blocc

regulars:
Blue Leopard
Twitch
Rx
BassCamp
Pixelated
Electrofried(rip...but that was even house & breaks!)
Liger
Tronik

all happening in the next month & a half. the people who are throwing these, every one a different person, has posted on enation in the past & been bashed on to the point of not wanting to return. this happens a bit all over the board but at least the Jax forum is effective & supportive of its own community. i wouldnt say its the death of enation just the (apparent) death of its effectiveness in Gainesville. Old School heads hate on new heads & vise versa just as much. i mean, wasnt it The Man who was our enemy, not just some other genre of EDM? helicopters bust up legal parties by 10pm & we are worried about whether its fucking House or Dubstep? :?
mo
newskool
newskool

Post by mo »

Adikt wrote:lol @ the scrooge picture. thats perfect. but i feel scrooge-like too when i come on enation lol...there is SO MUCH going on locally & unless its a friend of a friend or Fogg associated(merely because he most often fits the very few genres happily accepted here) it just doesnt get posted & when it does its hated on by everyone here. thats why the following events are not posted here:

headliners:
Aoki
Skrillex
12th Planet
Blockhead & Emancipator
Excision & Downlink
6Blocc

regulars:
Blue Leopard
Twitch
Rx
BassCamp
Pixelated
Liger
Tronik

all happening in the next month & a half. the people who are throwing these, every one a different person, has posted on enation in the past & been bashed on to the point of not wanting to return. this happens a bit all over the board but at least the Jax forum is effective & supportive of its own community. i wouldnt say its the death of enation just the (apparent) death of its effectiveness in Gainesville. Old School heads hate on new heads & vise versa just as much. i mean, wasnt it The Man who was our enemy, not just some other genre of EDM? helicopters bust up legal parties by 10pm & we are worried about whether its fucking House or Dubstep? :?
That basically sums it up....this board is a ghost town (with the exception of the jax board it seems) ,I come here out of habit because I've been posting here for years and have actually met most of the people that post here. :twisted: :evil:
Double drop it!!!!!
Michael Heaven
newskool
newskool

Re:

Post by Michael Heaven »

I do understand everyone's frustration. I rarely post here anymore, mainly because I can have a chat with myself without typing anything. Also, that is a shame that a promotor was bashed simply due to the genre they're trying to put forth. Personally, I like seeing a lot of events being posted. It gives a glimmer of hope in my mind for a once thriving scene.
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Re: The Death of Enation

Post by fishinfishnchips »

Moss wrote:Sucks, that this used to be a place to find insiteful information about music and upcoming artists, as well as a great networking tool for us Florida cats. Its so upsetting that, it has been reduced to everyone talkin shit about everyone else and their music, so sad!!! Lots of good times and memorable topics, but def not on my list of cool forums to visit anymore. I know this has been going on for the last few years, but i was holding on for the fact that it could get better. Well it hasnt and granted shows still get posted on here, well no one cares anymore. So,Peace out enation, im out!!

I know I have to talk shit about ever kind of music you guys play just to get some conversation out of you lumps. I to miss the old days... But we have pretty much discussed it all. Maybe we could start another Simons mega thread to make us feel better.???
Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

im glad you think you have to bash people to get a conversation.

that right there is the reason the events i posted above are not on this board.

literally every one of those promoters has posted here.

and been bashed.

so they dont come back.

and you have no one left to bash.

so you start threads re-hashing things from 10+ years ago.

oh, yeah this is sounding like an exciting board so far...
:roll:
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Adikt wrote:im glad you think you have to bash people to get a conversation.

that right there is the reason the events i posted above are not on this board.

literally every one of those promoters has posted here.

and been bashed.

so they dont come back.

and you have no one left to bash.

so you start threads re-hashing things from 10+ years ago.

oh, yeah this is sounding like an exciting board so far...
:roll:
lighten up Francis,,, I am just kidding. God I have know you guys for what??? a million years. You ought to know me by now. Nothing wrong with a little elitest conceitest when it comes to cheesy electronic music. If it werent for that we would still be listening to the same shit we listened to in 1996. Its my favorite part about EDM
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

refer to my other post about the need for bashing.

i thought the point was that you guys ARE still listening to the same music from 96
(see now its my turn for jokes) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Adikt wrote:refer to my other post about the need for bashing.

i thought the point was that you guys ARE still listening to the same music from 96
Funny you should say that... The stuff that I am finding that I like these days sounds alot more like 96 (with better production) than 2008.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

mo wrote:
Adikt wrote:lol @ the scrooge picture. thats perfect. but i feel scrooge-like too when i come on enation lol...there is SO MUCH going on locally & unless its a friend of a friend or Fogg associated(merely because he most often fits the very few genres happily accepted here) it just doesnt get posted & when it does its hated on by everyone here. thats why the following events are not posted here:

headliners:
Aoki
Skrillex
12th Planet
Blockhead & Emancipator
Excision & Downlink
6Blocc

regulars:
Blue Leopard
Twitch
Rx
BassCamp
Pixelated
Liger
Tronik

That basically sums it up....this board is a ghost town (with the exception of the jax board it seems) ,I come here out of habit because I've been posting here for years and have actually met most of the people that post here. :twisted: :evil:
Agreed Mo....and Adikt you forgot Antiserum is with Excision & Downlink
cramela
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cramela »

fishinfishnchips wrote:
Adikt wrote:refer to my other post about the need for bashing.

Funny you should say that... The stuff that I am finding that I like these days sounds alot more like 96 (with better production) than 2008.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree lot with this. We are finally reapng the benefits from the computer technology boom from the past decade