Dub Step

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Dub Step

Post by fishinfishnchips »

Dub Step... Dub Step Dub Step Dub Step??? Dub Step?? Dub Step Dub Step....

My grandma ask me the other day if I could play her some Dub Step??
Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

Did you?
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

FishnChips wrote:Did you?

I TOLD THAT BITCH.... "I DON'T TAKE REQUESTS AND I DON'T PLAY FLASH IN THE PAN GENRES OF MUSIC THAT HAVE BEEN SPOON FED TO ME BY MINDLESS AUTOMATONS."

(insert favorite Frankenstein arms straight out walking stiff legg picture here)
"ME WAN DUB STEP!!!"
mo
newskool
newskool

Post by mo »

dubstep has been around for years and I don't see it going away anytime soon. Although I do find it crazy how many people I know who never liked any form of electronic music and are into dubstep. Bass is king, don't hate. :lol:
Double drop it!!!!!
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

mo wrote:dubstep has been around for years and I don't see it going away anytime soon. Although I do find it crazy how many people I know who never liked any form of electronic music and are into dubstep. Bass is king, don't hate. :lol:

This thing called Dubstep comes thru town and wipes all the house away. Mindless banter on this site these day..."people will always hate on something that is successful and doesnt bring them profit!!"_ME
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Coming from the guys that have jumped on the same bandwagon train since the ninties!!!! Speed Garage, Two Step, Drum & Bass, Dub Step

I could have predicted who was going to become a dub-step DJ even before anyone heard on it.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I predict the next electronic music flash in the pan will be called (insert your own prediction here) Electro-break-step-tech

and all the drum-n-bass-speed-garage-two-step-dub-step guys will be playing it!!!!!

P.S. I have been playing monthly at this bar,, doing an old school hip hop, funk, and fun,,,, and it is pretty much a gimme that some high school kid with a fake ID will ask me if I have any dub-step.....

I am proud that at least they are listening to something other than gangster rap,,,, but the stuff sounds Bumble Bee being gang raped by Optimus Prime and Sideswipe.
I can guarantee you there are only a couple of guys who really can relate to it and the rest are people who have always had the music they like spoon fed to them from a wet nurse.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Its hot right now...Its in the middle of reaching its climax IMO.

It is what it is...Its not like everybody is playing Dubstep right now but if you book a big artist, at a big venue (not a little shitty one), you'll have a big turn out (if you promote it right)...

You heard the young man about his poor grandmother...
mo
newskool
newskool

Post by mo »

You are right man drum n bass is totally a bandwagon flash in the pan genre...does anyone even play it anymore? I didn't get the memo that it was over, should have known when I heard it on a car commercial though. Remember trance music? lawls...the next big genre is drumstep by the way...then I'm gonna say house and breaks with dubstepish basslines, oh man, too late already happened. I knew who was gonna hate on dubstep before anyone heard it...I'm gonna start my own genre and call it "Tits" nobody can hate on tits... :twisted: :evil:
Double drop it!!!!!
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

mo wrote:You are right man drum n bass is totally a bandwagon flash in the pan genre...does anyone even play it anymore? I didn't get the memo that it was over, should have known when I heard it on a car commercial though. Remember trance music? lawls...the next big genre is drumstep by the way...then I'm gonna say house and breaks with dubstepish basslines, oh man, too late already happened. I knew who was gonna hate on dubstep before anyone heard it...I'm gonna start my own genre and call it "Tits" nobody can hate on tits... :twisted: :evil:

Have you heard the tracks moss and I have in the works? Just like you said, "house with substephish basslines"...it works and sounds good (I'm assuming you've heard the track)

Its a remix of D-Unity's "Fancy Shit" and we did it for a remix competition. They've asked for more info so they're giving it more than one listen...but its like a hard hitting tribal house track having sex with dubstep bass/vibe
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Beauty is only skin deep,,,,, but UGLY seeps down to the bone.

:P
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

first of all. its one word. Dubstep. its not Dub you Step to, its Dubstep. like 2Step, one of its origins.

second...Dubstep is pop music now. Moss & Mo are gonna be like wtf did Adikt just say? but yeh...Skrillex is POP. over half the tickets sold for BassNectar locally were sold to fraternity boys. thats a fact from Lavery. even one of my favorite artists, James Blake...he isnt "Dubstep" like is played around here at all...but he's got the top track on the BBC for the year: Limit To Your Love...and i LOVE that song...funny thing tho...it was made by the band Feist several years ago & got zero recognition. Blake covers it & blows up without anyone knowing its a cover. sounds like...POP MUSIC to me lol...and that from the guy who threw gainesville's first dubstep club night lol

...so all that said, i could almost agree with you Fish...but labeling all non-house-like genres as flash in the pans is really just ignorant to the massive amount of international heads that are & will continue to love the music.

there is good & bad of EVERY genre since the beginning of sound.

the bad will fade away & the good will influence the future.

there is no pan to be flashed in.

only opinions of good & bad.

also...Dubstep reached it underground heights about 2 years ago. as usual gainesville is about 2 years behind on everything. now its at Ultra so it must be big now right? lol...fuck it im bored with 90% of "Dubstep"...but that 10% i do dig isnt going anywhere and is only getting better by the day. I still work 90s Meat Beat & John B into my sets & i'll still be working Skism in 10 years from now. Good music is good music.

:twisted:
mo
newskool
newskool

Post by mo »

Adikt wrote:first of all. its one word. Dubstep. its not Dub you Step to, its Dubstep. like 2Step, one of its origins.

second...Dubstep is pop music now. Moss & Mo are gonna be like wtf did Adikt just say? but yeh...Skrillex is POP. over half the tickets sold for BassNectar locally were sold to fraternity boys. thats a fact from Lavery. even one of my favorite artists, James Blake...he isnt "Dubstep" like is played around here at all...but he's got the top track on the BBC for the year: Limit To Your Love...and i LOVE that song...funny thing tho...it was made by the band Feist several years ago & got zero recognition. Blake covers it & blows up without anyone knowing its a cover. sounds like...POP MUSIC to me lol...and that from the guy who threw gainesville's first dubstep club night lol

...so all that said, i could almost agree with you Fish...but labeling all non-house-like genres as flash in the pans is really just ignorant to the massive amount of international heads that are & will continue to love the music.

also...Dubstep reached it underground heights about 2 years ago. as usual gainesville is about 2 years behind on everything. now its at Ultra so it must be big now right? lol...fuck it im bored with 90% of "Dubstep"...but that 10% i do dig isnt going anywhere and is only getting better by the day. I still work 90s Meat Beat & John B into my sets & i'll still be working Skism in 10 years from now. Good music is good music.

you will never hear me play a bassnectar tune, I've only heard 2 skrillex tunes I even liked...I play alot of unsigned artist stuff people that are up and coming, most of the tracks I get directly from the artist, that comes from years of networking and when I play something from a major artist it's because I felt the tune was exceptionally good, so I will buy it. I also have been playing dubstep out for right about 5 years now and I have tracks from back in 2003, I think it was about 2007 or so I played a set on the perimeter right around the time it was starting to pick up. Hardly anyone knew what that sound was. Now all these new guys acting like I'm fucking new to this shit and I'm trying to get in on the bandwagon. If anything I should be driving the bandwagon.This whole dubstep thing makes me laugh, so many people are just now getting into it and thinking it's some new genre and they are pioneers..lawls...I personally love the direction the genre has taken, I don't care what kind of people are coming to the shows or how old they are, we can pop bottles and slap some bitches or we can stand on the wall and nod our heads, doesn't make a difference to me. It's all good though,I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes or anything, I just enjoy playing the shit. :twisted: :evil:
Double drop it!!!!!
mo
newskool
newskool

Post by mo »

This thread got me listening to old tunes, back before it got all wonky... :lol: :twisted: :evil:
Double drop it!!!!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

mo wrote: Now all these new guys acting like I'm fucking new to this shit and I'm trying to get in on the bandwagon. If anything I should be driving the bandwagon.This whole dubstep thing makes me laugh, so many people are just now getting into it and thinking it's some new genre and they are pioneers..lawls...I personally love the direction the genre has taken, I don't care what kind of people are coming to the shows or how old they are, we can pop bottles and slap some bitches or we can stand on the wall and nod our heads, doesn't make a difference to me. It's all good though,I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes or anything, I just enjoy playing the shit. :twisted: :evil:
THIS. i just mentioned you & Moss cus i think you guys may think(lol) im all on the bandwagon so me saying its pop now may be a surprise, not that it would make you two mad or anything retarded...you two knows its pop now fo sho unlike most of the local fanboys lol...im not speaking on the guys who play the stuff they like, thats what my post was about. if you are feeling dubstep at the time you play dubstep. dnb? hell yes. breakcore? nice. house? all the better! opera is good too you know?

calling any artistsic style a flash in the pan is just short sighted. art is forever.

you know how many people have called hiphop a flash in the pan? :wink:

also, Mo...i mean wonky like 8bit/glitch(flying lotus/zombie/rustie/etc) which was obviously never part of dubstep & still isnt...glitch is my first love as anyone knows lol...i refrain from using the word 'brostep' cus its horrible but its the accepted definition of what is big around here lately. skrillex/bn/ect which ive never heard from you or moss and its noticeable lol

what are you listening to lately in the rough genre? ive been so head first into glitch/wonky & jazz lately i havnt been consuming the real dubstep i should... :twisted:
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

mo wrote:
Adikt wrote:first of all. its one word. Dubstep. its not Dub you Step to, its Dubstep. like 2Step, one of its origins.

you will never hear me play a bassnectar tune, I've only heard 2 skrillex tunes I even liked...I play alot of unsigned artist stuff people that are up and coming, most of the tracks I get directly from the artist, that comes from years of networking and when I play something from a major artist it's because I felt the tune was exceptionally good, so I will buy it. I also have been playing dubstep out for right about 5 years now and I have tracks from back in 2003, I think it was about 2007 or so I played a set on the perimeter right around the time it was starting to pick up. Hardly anyone knew what that sound was. Now all these new guys acting like I'm fucking new to this shit and I'm trying to get in on the bandwagon. If anything I should be driving the bandwagon.This whole dubstep thing makes me laugh, so many people are just now getting into it and thinking it's some new genre and they are pioneers..lawls...I personally love the direction the genre has taken, I don't care what kind of people are coming to the shows or how old they are, we can pop bottles and slap some bitches or we can stand on the wall and nod our heads, doesn't make a difference to me. It's all good though,I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes or anything, I just enjoy playing the shit. :twisted: :evil:
Dont you love haters, its great free publicity!!! I think its funny how when cats talk shit about music they always drop mainstream names, get with the program fishy chips & Adikt, the hottest shit out there are unsigned acts, hate all you want fact of the matter is they make money and are successful, so hate away, but its not gonna change anything! Then when your done hating google drumstep!!