Dub Step

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

tech44 wrote:Just like you said, Dubstep is a variant of 2Step/Garage, but if you play the original 2Step/Garage today, you're not playing the "in" sound...because that sound was a flash in the pan.
if you are playing 2Step/Garage now you are likely playing in a 2Step/Garage party, which is MASSIVE in the UK and across Europe...just as its predeccessor, SpeedGarage/Jungle is still very large...and before it DnB & Breakcore...

oh wait now we are back to the present day...

and my orginal statement of: there is good & bad of every genre. there is pop & real sections of every genre. what you say about dubstep i could easily apply to every EDM genre, and rock, and jazz, and everything else. by your standards(not being as big as its height) Jazz is a flash in the pan. cus no one listens to Jazz these days :roll:

"i need you to teach me about this Juzz thing" ~Bart Simpson :lol:
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

fishinfishnchips wrote:
Moss wrote:Sorry bro, just tired of this mindless banter. And for those of you who dont like dubstep then fuckin go home and cry about it to your mommy! Nobody wants to hear how much you hate something. If anything its about pushing electronic music not shitting on it! Not to mention its always a house or trance cat on here bitching. Why you think that is? Cause you dont get no play! thats why. So leave us grime lovers alone and go pump your fist somewhere else, while we continue to rock the house and create new bassheads!!!! 8O
You think that I don't like Dubstep because I play house as one of my genres? I don't like dubstep because it it mindless soulless dribble... But I am glad you finally found your nitch that would bring you popularity so that you can continue to "Rock the house"

I am much more dissatisfied with the house/trance (whatever catagory you want to lump it in)(4x4) than I am at dubstep.The amount of crap that is coming out is way beyond belief and sorting through it is more of a pain in the ass than some teenager coming up to me and asking if I have any dubstep. I know dubstep will be out there and popular for a minute or two and thats it,,,, it doesnt have anything special about it to make it as a long haul genre.That just is what it is. Its boring after a couple of songs and not just to me because I play house,,, TO EVERYONE BECAUSE ITS JUST BORING!!!! Boring is boring. You can pat yourself on the back for playing it but you are in denial.

BTW,,, I'm not hatting. I am just giving my honest opinion. Nothing worse that a bunch of DJ sitting around telling each other how great they are.

Thanks for the conversation anyway, this boars needs a good enema.

I can dig that man, its whatever, house music is sucking these days too, never really understood listening to a beat that never changes though, my main issue with str8 beat music. after 10 minutes boom tik boom tik boom tik boom tik, shit gets old, at least with well produced dubstep you have constant change ups not beat your brain into headache mode with 4 bass kiks a bar and no snare.
But to the point i dont even know why i got heated about this thread, i really dont care.
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

fishinfishnchips wrote:I live in Seattle now.I just work behind a CPU all day and love to see how sensitive people are about dubstep,,,, they are sensitive about it here too,,. And its even worse here (depending on what side of the fence you are on) ... Difference here is that there are so many more venues, crews, all that shit. They are still throwing raves out here!!!!! And they don't bring in the helicopters to shut em down.

I tried to get it but I don't....I still feel that there are only a few guys that do actually get it and a shit load of other guys just out there tagging along.
Like that with anything I guess.
I just like to point it out. :wink:
You should go check out Naha, shes cool check, and still pushin dnb strong in SEATTLE....NAHA ARMY google it
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

"it's a bit of a misnomer because there's no real two-step element and there's no real dub element, do you understand what I mean?" ~Shackleton

on the origins & the current state of dubstep:
http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1263
tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

Adikt wrote: what you say about dubstep i could easily apply to every EDM genre, and rock, and jazz, and everything else. by your standards(not being as big as its height) Jazz is a flash in the pan. cus no one listens to Jazz these days :roll:
Yes you can, and it'd be correct. Sure people listen to Jazz, but it is not "the in thing" right now. At one point Jazz was all the rage..new and exciting. Play Jazz on the pop radio station and see what happens.

This cycle already happened for all the stuff I prefer: electro (real electro), techhouse, minimal (real minimal), certain types of techno. Doesn't mean the genres aren't good, just means they are past their prime. However, I still prefer them to the next big thing (so far).

Personally, I'm not saying dubstep sucks...I like a lot of it (in fact, please post more like the clips you posted :lol: ) I think we're just saying it's hyped, and it will come and go in popularity...and some djs will stop playing it when this happens.
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

thats what you & i are saying. lol

fish is saying:
TO EVERYONE BECAUSE ITS JUST BORING!!!! Boring is boring. You can pat yourself on the back for playing it but you are in denial.
:roll:

thats a big difference. one is acknowledging the evolution of sound. the other is bashing on the new sound that you personally dont dig as much as some other sound. one would grow a forum through proper discussion on music. the other makes promoters not want to come back to the board. and thats the truth. i know you are screwing around fish, but its become a long term thing & while it may keep you amused from across the country, its not doing us here in Gainesville any good at all.
IllteRRoR
newskool
newskool

Post by IllteRRoR »

ADIKT I PLAY SOME SKRILLEX AND SOME BASSNECTAR AND YOUR MOM LOVES IT!!!!! FISH N CHIPS WHO THE FUCK IS FISH N CHIPS !! HOUSE MUSIC IS FOR GAYS!! SO IS SAYING FLASH IN A PAN!! GET A GRIP TIMES CHANGE SO DOES MUSIC GET WITH IT ARE RETIRE!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

rofl thanks paul :lol:
cramela
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cramela »

I think dupstep will be the sound behind mainstream rap in 2001 as the big moneymaker rap producers are already beginning to jack the the sound and production techniques. Not sure the pop producers will totally embrace dubstep, but then again something has to replace cheesy electrohouse sound backing many of the pop music hits at some point. btw- can someone please stop Ke$sha before she releases any crappy knock-off dubstep pop songs in a year or so?- or any other albums she may one day unleash upon the world.
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Post by fishinfishnchips »

IllteRRoR wrote:ADIKT I PLAY SOME SKRILLEX AND SOME BASSNECTAR AND YOUR MOM LOVES IT!!!!! FISH N CHIPS WHO THE FUCK IS FISH N CHIPS !! HOUSE MUSIC IS FOR GAYS!! SO IS SAYING FLASH IN A PAN!! GET A GRIP TIMES CHANGE SO DOES MUSIC GET WITH IT ARE RETIRE!!
Let this be a lesson to all you kids out there. Be cool, stay in school.

Bassnectar rots your brain.
Last edited by fishinfishnchips on Dec 30 2010 09:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Post by fishinfishnchips »

cramela wrote:I think dupstep will be the sound behind mainstream rap in 2001 as the big moneymaker rap producers are already beginning to jack the the sound and production techniques. Not sure the pop producers will totally embrace dubstep, but then again something has to replace cheesy electrohouse sound backing many of the pop music hits at some point. btw- can someone please stop Ke$sha before she releases any crappy knock-off dubstep pop songs in a year or so?- or any other albums she may one day unleash upon the world.
You can't stop "The Ke$sha."
"The Ke$sha" stops you!
Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

ok so i guess i didnt know who Ke$ha was then i see Dick Clark's New Years Eve & shes apparently the really slutty chick with the slime colored lipstick all over her face. jesus she was scary. also, this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYysOiXqfm4

i know i know, im not helping :lol: