New website, free mixes to download. Florida DJs & Mixes

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

josh wickham
Florida Gator

New website, free mixes to download. Florida DJs & Mixes

Post by josh wickham »

www.SafeHouseDJs.com

Just got it cranked up. Keep checking back in as we should be adding new mixes regularly.

DJ NuMattix (fromally known as DJ Oracle, the best breaks DJ in florida) has just been added to the SafeHouse DJs crew so we'll have his name and mixes up in the next few days.

opinions good or bad??

Enjoy!!

-Josh
Sargo
newskool
newskool

Post by Sargo »

why don't you host your mixes on your website? You want people to stay on your site and not click off
Moss
Una Bomber

Post by Moss »

Nice dude...only for straight beats?
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Sargo wrote:why don't you host your mixes on your website? You want people to stay on your site and not click off
Feel free to make those changes. You have all the passwords etc...

We're in the beginning phases and I know little to none about website design so I'm learning little bits here and there.

Moss, no, its not just straight beat. DJ Oracle is going to be part of the SafeHuoseDJs crew...He'll be added soon if he hasn't been already.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Also, it just brings up another page as instead of actually removing you from the site whic is good.

I made the website for the hell of it, and also as a means to step it up a notch.

Really, all I'm hoping for is to 1. Have a website which makes me look more professional as a producer and DJ. and 2. Give other people a website they can go to every day or two and download/listen to NEW (good) mixes.
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

Trying to get some older ones from Brian since my harddrive crashed a bit ago.
tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

josh wickham wrote:Also, it just brings up another page as instead of actually removing you from the site whic is good.

I made the website for the hell of it, and also as a means to step it up a notch.

Really, all I'm hoping for is to 1. Have a website which makes me look more professional as a producer and DJ. and 2. Give other people a website they can go to every day or two and download/listen to NEW (good) mixes.
You could host them on soundcloud and then use the widget.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

tech44 wrote:
josh wickham wrote:Also, it just brings up another page as instead of actually removing you from the site whic is good.

That works good for individual tracks. (if you don't have a membership) You only get 2 hours of play time on there which is only enough time for 1 mix.

If you're using soundcloud stickly as music production promotion etc.. then it makes more sense...

I will be dropping some orginal tracks this Friday at spannk BTW...
tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

josh wickham wrote:
tech44 wrote:

That works good for individual tracks. (if you don't have a membership) You only get 2 hours of play time on there which is only enough time for 1 mix.

If you're using soundcloud stickly as music production promotion etc.. then it makes more sense...
You could....you know....get a membership? 8O
cramela
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cramela »

You still need to fix elctonic on the dj page.
Sargo
newskool
newskool

Post by Sargo »

maybe if you answered your phone I would have weeks ago :roll:
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

cramela wrote:You still need to fix elctonic on the dj page.
Thanks
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

It's supposed to be elctonic. It's like the new big thing. :D
shek e
newskool
newskool

Post by shek e »

I'm going to hold off on my Holier Than Thou design critique until you're up and running for a little while... After that, you're screwed.

-Shek ;)
tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

shek e wrote:I'm going to hold off on my Holier Than Thou design critique until you're up and running for a little while... After that, you're screwed.

-Shek ;)
Shek...always the gentleman.