9/15 - BASSNECTAR @ The Venue!!!

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

9/15 - BASSNECTAR @ The Venue!!!

Post by Adikt »

8O 8O 8O

BASSNECTAR in Gainesville!!!

alongside Dub/Glitch producer ESKMO

+ local dj ADIKT in the opening slot...

on my birthday weekend.

+ AfroMonk 2 days later.

enation, me thinks you are out of date. the scene is no longer dead like you guys hope. Aoki was fucking crazy. Bassnectar will be another level. Dont Forget Your Earplugs!!!

8O
Last edited by Adikt on Aug 31 2010 09:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Who you calling out of date??

THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LEAVE THEIR HOUSE UNLESS THEY'RE GOING TO GET FOOD OR TO WORK.

Get off your asses people...come have some fun...jesus...

this show is going to rock panties.
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

i remember about a year ago this board's consensus being that Bassnectar was the worst thing they had ever heard. same board said, and i quote "no one wants to dance to dubstep"...hehehehe...is it comfortable to stand with your foot in your mouth? lolol...this fall is going to get out of hand... :twisted:
FishnChips
newskool
newskool

Post by FishnChips »

Adikt wrote:i remember about a year ago this board's consensus being that Bassnectar was the worst thing they had ever heard. same board said, and i quote "no one wants to dance to dubstep"...hehehehe...is it comfortable to stand with your foot in your mouth? lolol...this fall is going to get out of hand... :twisted:
I for one still feel that way. Fucking noise.
fishinfishnchips wrote: Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Boom Gak Boom Boom Gakker
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

honestly, respect for sticking to your guns man. half the people that went with that now put dubstep on their flyers. at least you like what you like.

word :afro:
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Post by fishinfishnchips »

Adikt wrote:i remember about a year ago this board's consensus being that Bassnectar was the worst thing they had ever heard. same board said, and i quote "no one wants to dance to dubstep".. :
That was me... And yes it is still true.
:P

I have never had to listen to that Aoki guy live,,,, but I can assure you I would think it was really bad. Just from Youtube. Blaaaaaaaaakkkkk. (my imitation of a cat puking)
Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

i recently heard the genre referred to as 'BLLAAAP' :lol:
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

I guess there is no need for fishnchips and I to both comment on this post. We have known each other for a long time and we always agree on what is the worst crappy crap is crap crap. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly seeps all the way to the bone!!!!
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Adikt wrote:i recently heard the genre referred to as 'BLLAAAP' :lol:
FUNNY,,,... :lol:
cramela
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cramela »

I for one switched over from tech house, and now only play dubstep. I have seen the light. In fact, I think house and techno are soo booring. Look formy new dubstep mix here soon. I guess the fishnchippers and Boyd can play house at the old folks home rave.
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

cramela wrote:I for one switched over from tech house, and now only play dubstep. I have seen the light. In fact, I think house and techno are soo booring. Look formy new dubstep mix here soon. I guess the fishnchippers and Boyd can play house at the old folks home rave.
Same thing as when you switched to Jump-up, then Speed Garage, then 2step. then Fidget.

You guys are all so predictable..... Enjoy the next flash in the pan
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

^^^'Dubstep' as the big club fad with the headline wobble bangers is out everywhere but gainesville. Dubstep will be the name to put on your flyer for the fad crowd for some time tho prolly. the whole trend already happened for the rest of the world, but gainesville is once again just catching on. September will be the official turning point for my Rx night to become a GlitchHop/LazerBass night, with a bit of Dubstep tossed in now & then. that right now is really the forthcoming genre, but as with everything, it'll cycle out about the time gainesville catches on.

all that said, I'll be at Bassnectar.
he isnt anywhere on any of my top anything lists, but i enjoy dirty bass so it should be an ok show...
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

ok so what the fuck ever on Bassnectar.

JEL + ODD NOSDAM are opening. 2 of my favorite weirdo hiphop heads.

NOW i'm actually excited about this 8O
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Adikt wrote:ok so what the fuck ever on Bassnectar.

JEL + ODD NOSDAM are opening. 2 of my favorite weirdo hiphop heads.

NOW i'm actually excited about this 8O
You my friend,,,, dig some weird shit!! :lol:
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

hehehe...indeed. so do a lot of other people. Jel has never been really big cus he is way too creative for his own good. but Odd Nosdam is really quite popular right now. he's playing a lot of shows & festivals with the flying lotus, glitch mob, etc...i wouldnt expect everyone from this board to really love either but i know there are some fans around so i shared. and my original enation account's signature was Squarepusher in a straight jacket and said Feed Me Weird Things. :wink: