Houston we have a problem!!!!

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Houston we have a problem!!!!

Post by fishinfishnchips »

Boyd Westerman wrote: I'm only 34 dude!!!
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

When did we start having a political agenda in public schools. If I were one of the parents I would be pissed..
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

Reagan, Bush sr, Clinton & Bush jr all made speeches or addresses at public schools. He's the fucking president, if Bush came to a school & wasnt internationally known as a douche he prolly woulda got a song too. Its just respect for someone of great accomplishment. You know like on that South Park episode where the "children were so NOT racist they didnt even see the color of the person" therefore liking that person getting hanged wasnt racist, it was just a funny sign.

These children are just signing a funny song about someone they see on tv every day & are getting to meet. yeh, it could be intentional indoctrination & I'm sure this admin is the first EVER to do anything like that...or it could just be a bunch of kids having fun & adults needing to stfu. just sayin... :roll:
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Adikt wrote:Reagan, Bush sr, Clinton & Bush jr all made speeches or addresses at public schools. He's the fucking president, if Bush came to a school & wasnt internationally known as a douche he prolly woulda got a song too. Its just respect for someone of great accomplishment. You know like on that South Park episode where the "children were so NOT racist they didnt even see the color of the person" therefore liking that person getting hanged wasnt racist, it was just a funny sign.

These children are just signing a funny song about someone they see on tv every day & are getting to meet. yeh, it could be intentional indoctrination & I'm sure this admin is the first EVER to do anything like that...or it could just be a bunch of kids having fun & adults needing to stfu. just sayin... :roll:
What this is are TEACHERS pushing their political views. I would prefer they teach the children mathmatics,,, not religion or uninformed political opinions.

You are so hung up on the fact that they are singing about your hero,, "the great light hope" that you fail to see the point. It is not about Obama. Its about what is being taught to the children with our hard earned tax dollars. That is what I have a problem with.

I would be just as upset if the teachers were teaching the children to sing "Its The First of the Month"
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

1. i didnt vote for anyone cus i think its all the same shit anyway. everyone waving papers in the air & pointing fingers across whatever lines they can.

2. the kids are being taught songs about how great Obama is. He's the fucking President of our country. In history class we are taught that the presidents were all great men. That may or may not be true about any of them, but that doesn't change the patriotism that is & has always been ingrained within us by 'the system' or whatever.

My point is that i am ALL ABOUT taking this patriotism completely out of the equation(teaching the TRUTH in schools, not a happy whitewashed version of it)...that would be a huge step in the right direction, in my opinion. Also in my opinion tho, Obama didnt come up with the idea. He's certainly not doing anything about breaking the cycle but fuck man...blame the whole 500+ year cycle, not just the guy at the helm for the past 8 months...

btw...i hold no side that has yet been established so fuck em all says me :)
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Adikt wrote:1. i didnt vote for anyone cus i think its all the same shit anyway. everyone waving papers in the air & pointing fingers across whatever lines they can.

2. the kids are being taught songs about how great Obama is. He's the fucking President of our country. In history class we are taught that the presidents were all great men. That may or may not be true about any of them, but that doesn't change the patriotism that is & has always been ingrained within us by 'the system' or whatever.

My point is that i am ALL ABOUT taking this patriotism completely out of the equation(teaching the TRUTH in schools, not a happy whitewashed version of it)...that would be a huge step in the right direction, in my opinion. Also in my opinion tho, Obama didnt come up with the idea. He's certainly not doing anything about breaking the cycle but fuck man...blame the whole 500+ year cycle, not just the guy at the helm for the past 8 months...

btw...i hold no side that has yet been established so fuck em all says me :)
It is much more fun to blame the guy in office now.. :lol:

I truly believe in trickle down ,,, so I am really blaming Bill Clinton,, FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!! FVCKING BILL!!!!!!!

Insert kids chanting her....

M M M William Jefferson Clinton

No matter if you are under paid
I use this office to get laid

M M M william Jefferson Clinton

As I was diddling in the hay
I let Bin laden run and play

M M M William Jefferson Clinton

The man is always on my heals
cause of my past real estate deals

M M M
Boyd Westerman
Grand Master Dinosaur

Post by Boyd Westerman »

But songs like Yankee Doodle which every school kid is taught are fine? Dig into that one and see how much racism you can find. I learned songs about Washington, Lincoln, Columbus, and the Pilgrims on the public dime. Teaching through songs is nothing new. I was also taught disco dancing, Hava Nagila, and what mushrooms make you trip while in public schools.
¡¡¡ǝpnp 43 ʎ1uo ɯ,ı
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

*yawn*
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

Boyd Westerman wrote:But songs like Yankee Doodle which every school kid is taught are fine? Dig into that one and see how much racism you can find. I learned songs about Washington, Lincoln, Columbus, and the Pilgrims on the public dime. Teaching through songs is nothing new. I was also taught disco dancing, Hava Nagila, and what mushrooms make you trip while in public schools.
exactly :)
fishinfishnchips
Stanton
Stanton

Boyd Westerman wrote:But songs like Yankee Doodle which every school kid is taught are fine? Dig into that one and see how much racism you can find. I learned songs about Washington, Lincoln, Columbus, and the Pilgrims on the public dime. Teaching through songs is nothing new. I was also taught disco dancing, Hava Nagila, and what mushrooms make you trip while in public schools.
That is why you have become the well rounded individual that you are..

I saw you on TV standing up to the city of Gainesveille over the 2am closing!!!! :D
cramela
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cramela »

Ask Boyd what song they sang when he was in kindergarten and Nixon was impeached.